"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:59:58 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Electronic Lock ("numerical keypad") / Electronic Car Lock  (Read 10657 times)

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
Re: Electronic Lock ("numerical keypad")
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 01:21:05 am »

I like the idea of electronic locks but instead of lockpicking skills youd need science skills and maybe repair skills to use them, electronics are highly sensitive and would require upkeep to keep them fuctional, say maybe you have to power them up with small energy cells or something, i dunno. i really like this idea though and would like to see something come of it
putting it that way, it sounds like someone could just... smash the electronic lock, ether getting the loot or makeing it unable to obtain and makeing the locker useless, or.... they could just take out the batterys (Small energy Cells), though i do agree that it should have some science skills, maybe even repair skills, but it is still a lock so it should have some lockpicking

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 01:28:19 am »

well the thing is if the lock was smashed or whatever you could repair it, but the smashed lock doesent mean the door or locker will open, just that you inconveinenced the owner of the lock. smashing an electrical lock doesent open doors in real life, you need to hack them to do that.
plasma nade your face off!
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 03:39:06 am »

I think the ability to open (hack) an electronic lock should eventually be connected to the Lockpick skill - I can't imagine anyone tagging Science just to be able to lockpick certain kind of lock... And I'd say that hardly anyone would make use of this while having Science tagged for other purposes (Energy Weapons crafting etc.)...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 03:43:46 am by Farreloth »

Aricvomit

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 04:49:58 am »

true but thats the point, in fallout two i believe you needed science to use the electronic lockpick, and that makes sense to me. a regular thief isnt going to be able to crack a high tec lock with a set of lockpicks.
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 06:20:27 am »

I've been waiting and wanting this for awhile now, especially for cars so people will actually get and use them because they wont need a key to use it.  Make it so you can put the electronic keypad lock on chests/ lockers and cars to replace key locks. Then when it comes to lockpicking said locked containers/cars the thief would need a good lockpick skill along with science but not that much as well as a electronic lockpick espically for cars.
I have the patience of a chopping block...

Aricvomit

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 07:48:25 am »

well im for electric locks but not on cars. thats goin a lil too far. i mean honestly its just a lil to much.
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 08:10:20 am »

well im for electric locks but not on cars. thats goin a lil too far. i mean honestly its just a lil to much.

Do you have any better ideas on how to make it so people will buy and use cars? Cause atm no one will use them because of the high risk of getting killed and losing something that costs so much to get in the first place. Right now getting a car is the same as throwing your money away.
I have the patience of a chopping block...

Aricvomit

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2010, 08:23:27 am »

im actually using a buggy as we speak, the best way in my opinion is to require a repair of 100 to pick a car, thats all :P

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2010, 07:58:06 pm »

im actually using a buggy as we speak, the best way in my opinion is to require a repair of 100 to pick a car, thats all :P
no offence, but thats horrable, people envest 30k+ in there cars unless they lucky find a random car (which i havent seen for over a month), and its taken by someone with a messly 100repair? that would wreck vehicals even more then it already is

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 02:55:28 pm »

Yeah, I'd definitely buy a car if they had electronic locks - carrying keys in inventory combined with full loot is pretty annoying... Actually, I'd welcome having both options: less expensive cars - a physical key, more expensive models - a keypad  ;)  
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 03:02:21 pm by Farreloth »
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 07:09:08 pm »

Electronic locks just shouldn't be pickable, even the electronic lockpick is made for key locks.

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2010, 12:04:37 am »

Electronic locks just shouldn't be pickable, even the electronic lockpick is made for key locks.

Unlockpickable locks? That's a little bit over the top...

Aricvomit

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2010, 12:18:29 am »

no offence, but thats horrable, people envest 30k+ in there cars unless they lucky find a random car (which i havent seen for over a month), and its taken by someone with a messly 100repair? that would wreck vehicals even more then it already is

nah see man heres the thing, you need to have a decent repair to even drive a car, and fyi buggys cost 60k. they deterioate super quick and you need someone with a repair just to maintain it, so in essence forcing them to have the repair is only logical seeing as you need it anyways to own a functioning car, and when i mentioned someone having a 100 repair it would also be in conjunction with their lockpick skill. also hot wiring a car should take either a science or a repair depending on what kinda car it is, making keys doesent make any sense to me. sure lockpicking the trunk makes sense and getting the door open but i think you would have to make a check to actually drive it away since you dont have the actual key.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 12:21:00 am by Aricvomit »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2010, 11:21:37 pm »

nah see man heres the thing, you need to have a decent repair to even drive a car, and fyi buggys cost 60k. they deterioate super quick and you need someone with a repair just to maintain it, so in essence forcing them to have the repair is only logical seeing as you need it anyways to own a functioning car, and when i mentioned someone having a 100 repair it would also be in conjunction with their lockpick skill. also hot wiring a car should take either a science or a repair depending on what kinda car it is, making keys doesent make any sense to me. sure lockpicking the trunk makes sense and getting the door open but i think you would have to make a check to actually drive it away since you dont have the actual key.
Hotwire?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Aricvomit

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2010, 12:45:07 am »

yeah its what you do to a car when you dont have the keys, you trip the ignition to get the car to start.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries.