Author Topic: Critter Animations  (Read 9569 times)

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Critter Animations
« on: January 05, 2020, 04:20:59 pm »
Nothing super fancy, just two critter repaints.
Death animations are a bit sloppy. Maybe someone feels motivated to fix them up a bit.

No1

Has all red shirt animations except for the rifle. Some of the more complicated death animations look a bit sloppy too... making out red blood on red shirts is really not that easy. Also truth told, I just wanted to get done with it. Not sure if I will go back and fix it... but maybe someone else feels the motivation.

-> Preview.
-> Download.

No2

Kinda mediocre, but oh well. What's done is done.

-> Preview.
-> Download.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 07:16:39 am by Lexx »

Offline Slowhand

• Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
Re: Critter Animations
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 05:02:37 pm »
Well done. For Critters they should do, don't think anyone would want to play those models.

Can you share your method/tools used. Someone was asking about that earlier on discord, maybe it would help them.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 05:37:29 pm »
Only photoshop and lots of patience.

I've recorded two macros / actions:

1. Duplicate layer, apply color changes to the second layer, duplicate first layer again and move it on top.
2. Convert image to Fallout color palette, save the image, close the image.

So I'll just load all frames of one animation set at the same time, go into the first image, run the first macro, and then use the eraser tool to remove the pixels I don't want (for the critters above it was the shirt / body). Once done, I run the second macro and done, next image pops up automatically.

It's fast, but you still have to work carefully or you will get sloppy frames like the ones above have at times.
In any case, the first critter took me about 8 hours and the second something around 5 hours of crunch.

Normally you would have to do a second pass on the animations, to fix shitty frames, etc.... I skipped that.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 05:40:39 pm by Lexx »

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 09:58:26 pm »
Improved Death Animations - Animation Fix

This mod increases the size of the "flame boy" and "electrocuted" death animation for super mutant (120%) and power armor (larger than normal, but smaller than mutant-size) critters to match their normal scale.

Originally made by @.Pixote. (Super Mutant death animations) and @Sduibek (Power Armor death animations, I think). The animations have been polished up some more and are now cleaner and less pixelated.

Links:
Animation files
Files on GitHub

"Yellow Pants" Metal Armor Woman - Pistol and SMG animations
The vanilla critter only has knife and spear animations. To fix a bug in Fallout et tu, instead of editing the scripts, I decided to instead create the missing animation files. @.Pixote. helped me with wrapping it up.

The animations aren't perfect and could use some polishing, but for generic NPC critters it's not bad.

Links:
Animation files

Both projects are included in the new Fallout et tu release.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 10:08:48 pm by Lexx »

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 10:34:34 pm »
Tycho/Cassidy/Metzger Club, Hammer, Knife-animations
Based on the bald head dude from the hero appearance mod. Was surprisingly simple. Took me only.. maybe 4 hours or so per animation set. Getting rid of the cloth around the leg was a bit of an ehh-job, but for NPCs the results are ok.

Also I found out that the critter doesn't have a throwing animation, so I did that as well. Not going to do the big gun animations, though. Pretty sure I wouldn't survive that task.

Links:
Animation files
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 10:31:10 pm by Lexx »

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 07:07:30 am »
I made the Black Dude for the hero appearance mod (Fallout 2). Of course the frames can also be used by FOnline games.

The thread is here on NMA.

Also we have a new Git repository for new animations, which can be found here.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2022, 02:08:11 pm »
New stuff.

Combat Armor Rocket Launcher Fix
Fixes the backpack clipping through the rocket launcher in the combat armor animations. This annoyed the hell out of me for years, and now I've finally fixed it.

The animations are here. Black Dude hero appearance character has been updated as well / the files are in there by default now.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 02:26:12 pm by Lexx »

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2022, 04:32:56 am »
Nice stuff, I can relate to finally fixing something that's bugged me for years in unrelated software.

Will links to previews be added to the github descriptions?
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2022, 03:06:02 pm »
Will links to previews be added to the github descriptions?

Maybe some day. You can manually run the animations from here.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2022, 08:27:33 pm »
Tycho / brown pants metal armor
Will be in the next version of ettu as metal armor animations for Tycho. The set has all unarmed animations, spear, pistol, smg, and rifle.

Download here.

Black dude brown pants metal armor
Also for ettu in the future. Has all unarmed animations + pistol.

Download here.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 10:55:08 am by Ghosthack »

Offline Slowhand

• Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2023, 03:03:45 pm »
both links are broken for me, found the frm's though, are you guys doing this in 3D and convert back to 2D?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 05:42:36 am by Lexx »

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2023, 06:57:26 am »
No, I'm doing this via normal frame diting.

Offline Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2023, 10:55:36 am »
both links are broken for me, found the frm's though, are you guys doing this in 3D and convert back to 2D?

Fixed the links.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2023, 10:33:57 pm »
Tycho / brown pants combat armor
Will be in the next version of ettu as combat armor animations for Tycho. The set has unarmed, spear, pistol, smg, and rifle animations.

Download here.

/Edit: Added the remaining animations. It's a full set now with all weapons.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 10:27:34 pm by Lexx »