FOnline Development > FOnline Projects

FOClassic server example.

(1/3) > >>

mojuk:
FOClassic server example based on FOnline Reloaded

Repository with base server setup for anyone interested in trying FOClassic out: PReloaded

Repo is merged with FOClassic DEV branch at commit b1c822c
It will be updated to keep up with FOClassic progress.

Use as you want as long as you stick to FOClassic GPL licence and mention Nevada Band Studio if you decide to keep Fallout of Nevada content in your project.

testerDEV:
Wow, thank you very much for this fancy tool. My two suggestions:
- clean up the client (frm zips)
- remove Fallout Nevada content, keep only standard Fallout/Reloaded's assets

remake:

--- Quote from: testerDEV on March 22, 2019, 09:06:57 pm ---- remove Fallout Nevada content, keep only standard Fallout/Reloaded's assets

--- End quote ---
And what's the point of this suggestion? Saving few MB of RAM?
First. Prototypes are 100% compatible with Reloaded S2 SDK.
Second. Nevada Band team approved this content in FOClassic.
Third. Nobody forces anyone to use this content in your FO-game.
Fourth. You can remove it easily on your own by removing proper arts/packs/tiles/(music?) and range of prototypes.

testerDEV:
Developers who want to use additional content Nevada or any custom content such as AoP/Desert Europe/FOnline2/Tactics assets should do it on their own. In my opinion FOclassic and related projects should only consist of standard Fallout's assets. Nothing more, nothing less. Keep it simple, clean, high quality and don't put unused assets.

--- Quote from: remake on March 23, 2019, 12:23:29 pm ---Third. Nobody forces anyone to use this content in your FO-game.

--- End quote ---

Simply remove the content for main repository, so people don't need to lost transfer for downloading unused custom assets. Host it somewhere else, provide optional url. Easy, clean and nobody forces anyone to download what they don't want (not need to do extra actions).

remake:

--- Quote from: testerDEV on March 23, 2019, 12:46:55 pm ---Developers who want to use additional content Nevada or any custom content such as AoP/Desert Europe/FOnline2/Tactics assets should do it on their own.
--- End quote ---
But you want to speak for developers? What I know is that you're not developer, but for example I'm and mojuk too.

--- Quote from: testerDEV on March 23, 2019, 12:46:55 pm ---In my opinion FOclassic and related projects should only consist of standard Fallout's assets. Nothing more, nothing less. Keep it simple, clean, high quality and don't put unused assets.
--- End quote ---
Remove all packs then and apply critter and master dat archives from Fallout 2 only. This is not strictly equal to any FOnline game and will be clean.

--- Quote from: testerDEV on March 23, 2019, 12:46:55 pm ---Simply remove the content for main repository, so people don't need to lost transfer for downloading unused custom assets. Host it somewhere else, provide optional url. Easy, clean and nobody forces anyone to download what they don't want (not need to do extra actions).

--- End quote ---
And for you - you're not forced to do anything even as you said download something what you don't want to have, but still omitting the continuous suggestions and comments you can do something on your own, for your self.
As far I remember you already asked here on this forum how to remove content from 2238 or Reloaded and you've got the proper tips. From that time you should get the skills for making it quick in some smart way. Also what I know you didn't make any part of work in this clean SDK pack, but you want to decide what should be there or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version