Author Topic: Admin Panel?  (Read 3045 times)

Offline Powerack

• Administrátor na doživotí.
    • Powerackovo Doupě
Admin Panel?
« on: February 13, 2019, 02:32:29 pm »
Hello,

i viewed FOnlineServer.exe. Here is link to "Admin Panel". How to use it? Or exist any app to use admin panel functions? I have S2 Reloaded server.

Thanks for reply.
I am working on private server at: fonline.powerack.cz.
Why I cant use image in signature?

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
Re: Admin Panel?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 03:27:30 pm »
Code: (Server.cfg) [Select]
# Admin panel listening port
# 0 to disable
AdminPanelPort=0

# Keys for accesses
# Aviable four access mode: client (default on login), tester, moder, admin
Access_admin=VerySecretPassword
AccessNames_admin=SomeFancyName

Telnet to server using AdminPanelPort you set, enter VerySecretPassword, enjoy. You'd have (limited) access to hardcoded ~commands, mostly those which does not need Critter object to run.

AdminPanel is pretty meh, and most servers (if not all) don't use it, even on dev machine. And if you like to check server log often, you'll see lot of spam comming from it. Bigger issues was the fact that scripts have zero control over connected user, and if you want to use most important ~run command, you have to be pretty careful what functions you call - Critter& argument is null (sic!) when executed from AdminPanel :D

There's .dll version of similiar functionality in 2238 sources (DevConnect.cpp, devconnect.fos) which moved most of logic into scripts, and enabled two-way interaction. It's stuck in eternal Proof-Of-Concept stage but maybe will give you some ideas.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 03:30:25 pm by Wipe »
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Offline C4N

Re: Admin Panel?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 05:26:47 pm »
Any subsystem relying on telnet for remote tasks shouldn't be accessible from outside an isolated network inside same server's network, without a replacement for that admin panel or a firewall to only allow that feature to work from a specific network, it should be just disabled and forgotten.