Author Topic: HI REZ FONT  (Read 3112 times)

Offline Slowhand

• Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
HI REZ FONT
« on: January 28, 2019, 05:56:05 pm »
This is designed for FOclassic mostly, but Reloaded v2 and Aftertimes can be used to test it as well.

The reason I say this is designed for FOclassic is because in on of their changes, they allow to customize the dialog fonts. I have tried to work around it, but I couldn't, and it just took away a lot of time doing useless stuff, so I will leave it as it is.

The font is not best quality, as some already mentioned, but it does not hurt your eyes when you need to read quests.

Here is the required modifications you need to make to the client in order to work, please let me know if I accidently left something out and you get errors: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xvS_5q7MXg-6spMWRFqvh8aVlhl8-4aN

Instructions:
      • FOclassic:
        • Copy Dialog.fofnt and Dialog.png to the font folder into the faction.zip file.
        • FOnline Reloaded v2
          • Copy and overwrite Default.fofnt and Default.png in the font folder in faction.zip file.
          • FOnline Aftertimes.
            • Rename Dialog.fofnt to Default.fofnt then copy and overwrite into the font folder in faction.zip file.
            • Rename Dialog.png to Default.png then copy and overwrite into the font folder in faction.zip file.
          • Copy the the rest of the contents to the respective folder structure into the faction.zip file.

Currently it's optimized for 1600x900 resolution. If you are using something else, you need to add that resolution to the faction.ini, copy all the resolution related changes and only modify the line:[/list][/list]
          Code: [Select]
          resolution 1600 900to your desired resolution.

If it works out, I might do a lower rez font for 1600x900 and leave the current one for 1920x1080, which is originally what I designed it for.
          PS: Sorry Russian comrades, I only changed the Enlgish characters.

Known issues:

This bullet list dot disappears:
          https://imgur.com/a/40etjwp
          « Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 12:26:17 am by Slowhand »

Offline Slowhand

Re: HI REZ FONT
          « Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 11:47:11 pm »
          Okay, I found a lot of issues with it, and leave it up to players to experiment with it, as it requires no coding or source of client. It's more like a mod atm.

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
          • Random is god
          « Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 11:29:20 am »
          Now with extra engine-side fixes!1

Games are meant to be created, not played...

Offline Slowhand

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 03:55:31 pm »
          Thanks Wipe. Somehow you make my font look so bad... but eh, at least it will work :)

Offline Slowhand

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 10:54:40 pm »
          Version 0.9:
           - English characters, numbers and some punctuation marks only. I'll do a full transformation later.
           - 1.25 times bigger font.
           - Mainly to replace the too small in-game fonts, like HP, dmg numbers, etc.

You can find it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=17h5WBh1ZtFvUMo6DaJB74USWP63dL6kW

How to install:
          • Copy "Default.png" and "Default.fofnt" files to "../data/realoaded001.zip/font/"
          • Delete "Dialog.png" and "Dialog.fofnt" files from "../data/realoaded001.zip/font/"
          • Copy " inv_big.png" to "../data/realoaded001.zip/art/intrface/"

Notes:
           - Dialogs won't work if you don't delete the Dialog fonts, this is a bug atm in FOclassic. somewhere between revisions and font header changes. If you have newer version of FOclassic, you need to delete the LineHeight line from the header.
           - Some interface screens have minor mistakes due to size, like after a while you can't see the 'Next level' number on character screen, etc.
           - I'll release proper dialog font later on, hope until that time FOclassic does the fix.

P.S.: Give it a go for 30 minutes, but save the orginal files in case you want to back. For me it's a better game experience but it's up to taste and eyesight I guess.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 12:02:59 pm by Slowhand »