FOnline Development > Questions and Answers

Help for beginer

(1/4) > >>

Veki:
Hello, my name is Veki, i was play many fonline servers, and this days i was thinking to start something mine, something with new content. I was think to create "Vekiland" on this engine. I dont have experience in this, but i will try to learn and understend how to do it. I have many question becouse i was think to start everything from scratch, to not just edit some relise. I have everything on paper what i want to do. I was think to create something small for begining. world map, 2-3 encounters map, 2-3 towns, 2-3 dungeons, 5-6 quests, not all weapons and armors in use( i need to remove some weapons and armors, others to change icons, discriptions ), remove items what i dont need, also some change icons, few encounters, create some perks, put charisma into use, remove some skills what i think i dont need. I know is gonna be a lot work, time consume.

First question :It is better to edit fonline reloaded 2, remove all maps, some weapons, all quests, encounters, modife what have ...or is better to start from begining add one by one content, rip-add content only what i need??? what is simplier by your opinion.

need tutorials:
What tools I need?

How to make encounters on world map? how to create group of raiders example, how to add them weapons, armors, behevior( friendly, not friendly)
How to change crafting table?
How to add, remove, change icons and discriptions of items?
How to create new perks?
How to remove some skills from game to not exist at all?(why gamble to be visible if is not in use etc?)
How to edit specials? (example put in use charisma)
How to make new traits?
How to make shop and what they gonna spawn, timer?
How to make character skin? to add and remove characters skins?
How to level cap characters, but experince points to continue?
How to remove some creatures or edit?

Powerack:
Hello,

basic info, where to download server files etc. from Slowhand: https://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,29789.0.html
GM Abuse tutorial: https://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,29382.0.html
And here on forum are many answers to your questions: https://fodev.net/forum/index.php?board=50.0

remake:

--- Quote from: Veki on January 06, 2019, 04:06:26 pm ---need tutorials:

--- End quote ---
No tutorials. Only questions, answers, own dev experience.

--- Quote from: Veki on January 06, 2019, 04:06:26 pm ---What tools I need?

--- End quote ---
Text editor (I recommend Notepad++ with some plugin extensions), tools included to SDK.

--- Quote from: Veki on January 06, 2019, 04:06:26 pm ---How to make encounters on world map? how to create group of raiders example, how to add them weapons, armors, behevior( friendly, not friendly)

--- End quote ---
maps\worldmap.focwm (tool is included to SDK)

--- Quote from: Veki on January 06, 2019, 04:06:26 pm ---How to change crafting table?

--- End quote ---
FOCRAFT.MSG (tool is included to SDK)

--- Quote from: Veki on January 06, 2019, 04:06:26 pm ---How to add, remove, change icons and discriptions of items?

--- End quote ---
proto\items\ and there you have .fopro files, descriptions are in FOOBJ.MSG.

--- Quote from: Veki on January 06, 2019, 04:06:26 pm ---How to create new perks?

--- End quote ---
_defines.fos, put your new perks into scripts or DLL extensions, descriptions are in FOGAME.MSG.

--- Quote from: Veki on January 06, 2019, 04:06:26 pm ---How to remove some skills from game to not exist at all?(why gamble to be visible if is not in use etc?)

--- End quote ---
Easiest but dirty way: Make the empty desc line in FOGAME.MSG for it. Other way: scripting.

--- Quote from: Veki on January 06, 2019, 04:06:26 pm ---How to edit specials? (example put in use charisma)

--- End quote ---
Depends where you want to use it. You can make exceptions in dialogs and/or in scripts.

--- Quote from: Veki on January 06, 2019, 04:06:26 pm ---How to make new traits?

--- End quote ---
Very similar way like for perks.

--- Quote from: Veki on January 06, 2019, 04:06:26 pm ---How to make shop and what they gonna spawn, timer?

--- End quote ---
Initial function for traders and what should happen with them in game's loop. Don't forget about critter's flags and dialogs.

--- Quote from: Veki on January 06, 2019, 04:06:26 pm ---How to make character skin? to add and remove characters skins?

--- End quote ---
CritterTypes.cfg for skins and proto\critters\*.fopro for constant defined critter's prototypes.

--- Quote from: Veki on January 06, 2019, 04:06:26 pm ---How to level cap characters, but experince points to continue?

--- End quote ---
Scripting and config.fos.

--- Quote from: Veki on January 06, 2019, 04:06:26 pm ---How to remove some creatures or edit?

--- End quote ---
Same way like for adding skins.

ShOw.CZ:
Hello i looking for a help with some basics on 2238 sdk.
Please can someone contact me?

I need help with :
1) Do the cheats.fos need any edit to work completely?
2) Why if i want `controlnpc -n xxxxxxxx it does not work
3) Why dont `clone works? It says you clone into yourself
4) Why some of commands does not work? Like explode,airstrike etc. , is there anything i need to do for make all works?
5) Can anyone explain me why does god,mortal,imsospeed etc. need ~run cheats god 0 0 0? why this dont work like `god -p 0
6) Can anyone tell me why npc(critter)ID work for (~) commands and dont work for (`) commands
7) How to set all HPs visible on players,npc heads? Can see only players HPs
Etc.

Ill be happy if anyone spend some time for me and explain me few more things. I keep learning by myself but ill welcome any help.

Thanks to all!

ShOw.CZ:

--- Quote from: ShOw.CZ on January 08, 2019, 11:37:20 pm ---
6) Can anyone tell me why npc(critter)ID work for (~) commands and dont work for (`) commands

--- End quote ---

After few more tries i found that cheats dont work on npcs, i mean if i use any `command on npc (control,crinfo,param,etc.) it does nothing or use it on me instead. I checked everything and i dont know what im doing wrong, maybe there is something i need edit in cheats.fos or other?
Its look like cheats is dissabled for npcs or cheats cant read npcs id

Please any hint?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version