Author Topic: Where I found and how to use "server status"...  (Read 2806 times)

Offline Powerack

• Administrátor na doživotí.
    • Powerackovo Doupě
Where I found and how to use "server status"...
« on: December 30, 2018, 01:34:50 am »
Hello,

I would like to add something to my site like a "server status" with information about the server status and the number of online players. No need extended functions, no need logins, no need scores. I just need something very simple, as small as possible (max 160 x 160 px).

Do you have any idea where to get something like this?

Thanks in advance for your help.
I am working on private server at: fonline.powerack.cz.
Why I cant use image in signature?

Re: Where I found and how to use "server status"...
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 02:20:12 pm »
Somebody who is responsible for maintaing these severs' stats have to add your server to the list:

1. https://fodev.net/status/ (looks like it needs an update because it shows Requiem is offline which is not true)
2. https://fonline-status.ru/en/

Offline Powerack

• Powerackovo Doupě
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 05:58:21 pm »
Thanks for reply, but how I use this only for my web? I am making on private server for only Czech / Slovak. I translating dialogs, ingame texts and other to Czech (EN texts replaced).

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 09:11:11 pm »
All you need to know can be found here. That being said, you can find basics for status checkers around written in perl, php, bash or even assembler out of all languages :)

Just grab w/e suits you best (or write something own basing on cvet's post), display it, done.
If you're familiar with php, take a look how fodev-status displays servers summary [code, result] and adjust to your needs.

Long, long time ago there was a single-php-file where you could simply define server address/port via url, so it worked with any server you wanted and was easiest to setup. Originally written by jan0s1k, maybe it's still around saved by someone, somewhere~
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 09:22:38 pm by Wipe »
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Offline Powerack

• Powerackovo Doupě
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 03:54:31 pm »
Thanks for reply. But how to use in wordpress based pages? Need example for dumbs :-)