FOnline Development > Questions and Answers

Newbie in modding Fonline

<< < (2/2)

Mad Matt:

--- Quote from: Wipe on November 17, 2018, 09:20:35 pm ---New critter animations for Fallout/FOnline is not something what i'd recommend to anyone - no matter if they just started or are hardcore 20y-of-modding veterans :D That stuff can take YEARS, depends which set(s) and which critters you have in mind. Even editing existing ones is crapload of work.

Sticking to static stuff have a higher chance of success; while adding guns/armors depends on server policy and is usually black-white (deny everything or put everything), it might be welcome on NMA. And anything related to maps is a hot stuff everywhere if it's falloutish enough ;)

--- End quote ---

Well, I'm quiet mad, but not so mad to make new animations from scratch :)
I would rather edit/mix some animations like metal armor and sand robe, add whole animation for all weapons for black robe etc.
Just to have a great purpose to add new armor in-game :)

Voiddweller:
For your own personal use i would recommend Olympus 2207 critter art, than can expand your variety base significantly. Ant it is a top quality content. I also asked devs if i can use it for a public project, and they approved. They have english support forum too.
Adding stuff in Fonline generally easier than in Fallout 1/2, you can edit prototypes by hand, using any text editor available. I would recommend notepad++.
Also, when adding critter art, put it into a zip archive. Easier to handle that way)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version