Author Topic: FOClassic  (Read 41484 times)

Offline Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
Re: FOClassic
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2018, 12:14:56 am »
Great stuff! :)

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2018, 01:38:46 am »
FOClassic source has been moved to GitHub as well, and we'll shortly switch to it fully.

There's some stuff "desynched" from reality, eg. preparations for features which have no sense with open source - that will be cleaned up.
On cvet's suggestion, loading r412 server state will be restored, and will become part of v2.

Other than that, FOClassic roadmap is still up to date, and will be followed without much changes.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 01:50:32 am by Wipe »
Games are meant to be created, not played...

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2018, 12:04:59 pm »
There is so much work around here for fixing and improving source code. I am glad that Cvet and the Rotators focus on development of the engine. Now everything seems possible to be created only if someone knows where and how to start :)

Offline Henry

• Flipper remnant
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2018, 12:14:00 am »
This is all very exciting. If you want any wiki work, i volunteer.

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2018, 04:01:03 am »
I'm a bit late, but this is great to hear.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 09:45:34 pm by Ganado »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Offline Slowhand

• Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2019, 12:34:03 pm »
I need a public hardcopy of engine/client set up for FOclassic, that I can use to add functionalities, modules for client. If someone gets the time, please do a merge on 2238 to the 412 engine rev and install FOclassic on it. Asking on dicord revealed to me, that this is something I do not want to do myself. I guess asking for a documented guide step by step would be too far of a stretch :) so hardcopy will do. I don't think this will happen very soon, so I'll check back from time to time, laters.

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2019, 08:07:43 pm »
Hey my folks, have a question about this client.

Somewhere on this forum I found this script: https://paste.ofcode.org/NR93mZCXGfUkS9VGMkduGh (I may have modified it a bit)

It worked very well with our old client that Reloaded used. It was one of the classical builds.

The script doesn't quite work with the new client. I mean, it launches the client, but once you try and launch another instance, the annoying "client is already running" message pops up.

Folks, I would appreciate any help with this since Reloaded switched to this client and now everyone is forced to use the bloody sandboxie, which is awkward as hell and not free.

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2019, 12:54:25 pm »
annoying "client is already running"
You have three options:
- fix the script on your own :P you most likely will have to do so with each client update
- as Reloaded is building executables from sources, suggest source changes in their fork
- wait until option to remove these check will be added to engine... and suggest turning it on :)

Not a fan of the third option, but not a fan of engine features working against developers either, so it's up to them to decide is it worth keeping.

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2019, 12:13:53 am »
hello, i want to ask some questions about FOClassic.

- this version will be more like Fallout 1/2 ? for example, without that changes made in the latest betas, like helmets, items with critical modifiers, modified traits, new perks, etc.

i want a FOnline like the first betas, i played a lot less in 2238 when those changes were made.

i know that many changes were for "PvP balance reasons", but a game more similar to Fallout 1/2 was better in my opinion.

- is the any estimated release date ?

- FOClassic or his modding tools will have new system requirements ? for example, i can run the server/tools in Windows XP ?

- i remember that some tools released with the 2238 server files many years ago required some version of .NET Framework to run, it's possible to make new tools without that requirement ?

thanks.

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2019, 05:01:55 am »
hi again, i want to suggest something for FOClassic.

i have a Core2Duo processor (2 cores, 2.97 GHz), and the FOnline 2238, both Client and Server, uses 50% of the CPU usage, so if i have both process open then the CPU Usage is 100%, even when they dont REALLY need an entire core for running.

i know that this is a common problem in many games and programs, but it will be good if that can be fixed.

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2019, 08:14:41 am »
more like Fallout
FOnline like the first betas
PvP balance

FOClassic is just an engine, not tied to any specific game content - it's up to game developers what and how they want to do with that.

FOClassic or his modding tools will have new system requirements ? for example, i can run the server/tools in Windows XP ?
They should still work, if they worked previously - nothing fancy has been added and most likely won't be for quite some time.

make new tools without (...) .NET Framework
All tools released with 2238 came with their sources, so anyone can rewrite them if needed.

50% of the CPU
For Server, you can tune GameSleep option, for Client - FixedFPS. If last one is negative, it works exactly as Server's GameSleep - application does nothing for N ms, giving CPU some rest.
Other than that, you can always disable unneeded features - remove NPCs from towns, disable caravans/trains, simplify check_look, and so on.

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2019, 07:48:53 pm »
- this version will be more like Fallout 1/2 ? for example, without that changes made in the latest betas, like helmets, items with critical modifiers, modified traits, new perks, etc.

i want a FOnline like the first betas, i played a lot less in 2238 when those changes were made.

It is highly unlikely that you get old revision. If you are looking for FOnline which is similar to Fallout 1/2 you should try FOnline TLA.

Offline adumbperson

• Turn around in orbit!
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2019, 03:51:00 am »
AYE KARAMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like now I have FOnline source code :D (THANKS CVET!!)

Seeing rotators coming back around that shiny 412rev with an open access to the stuff... (THANKS & very Interesting)

BTW WTF happened?...
How did I end in delivery with that kind of log about me... my god... I no sure it were a good idea to read my log... ~suicide -2022/05/18-

Offline adumbperson

• Turn around in orbit!
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2019, 07:16:54 pm »
Hell'o  ;D

We are told VS 15 2017 is opitional...

Looks like my first glitch ;D

https://bpaste.net/show/b71ac677a764

then following readme instructions...

https://bpaste.net/show/93406dc83eff

Any of you succeeded with that?

Related to 412:
I saw that Cvet's FOnline doesn't include old releases... That's very unfortunate as the new one need a costly study (in time) to use it the right way...

And the Actual FOClassic doesn't build using the readme instructions...

@Cvet
It would be nice for those devs working on r412 binaries to get the **original** source code.
So people can decides themselv what's good and not to be change...

## Comment around FOclassic's build environ...
After trying to build it using windows 7 64 i got the the errors you can see at beginning of this post... (I've VS2010 and Cmake...)
AFter trying to build it using debian... cmake website provides only 64 bit... my fresh debian is 32...
Turn out you need a 64 bit OS to play CMAKE-3.12.4...
Also seeing the changes it's gonna be painfull in someway to seek internal mechanism when comparing to original r412...

## feel after reading stuff there and here
I didn't plan to break my dev environ around the original r412...
I'll keep the repos around but I don't think it's gonna help in finishing my stuff on the original defunct r412...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 12:50:21 am by adumbperson »
How did I end in delivery with that kind of log about me... my god... I no sure it were a good idea to read my log... ~suicide -2022/05/18-

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2019, 12:35:40 pm »
Any of you succeeded with that?
I did.

First paste is either not installed VS2017+VS2010 or missing env variables. In second case VS offers developer command prompt which sets them all up. Once cmake sets everything you don't have to worry about it anymore - everything is set to update itself directly. I didn't run CMake myself since few months, VS takes care of all that after solution is generated.
Second paste is just wrong use of cmake arguments. You are in root dir pointing at build dir, while it should be opposite :) Newer CMake have added -S and -B switches to avoid such mistakes. https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.14/manual/cmake.1.html

I saw that Cvet's FOnline doesn't include old releases... That's very unfortunate as the new one need a costly study (in time) to use it the right way...
What you talking about? It's exactly same repo we used during 2238 times, exactly same i used to grab clean SDK r412, and exactly which was used for development since SDK was released. Only difference is that it's using git now, instead of svn, but it has nothing to do with the source itself.