Author Topic: How to use the Latest Revision (815)?  (Read 3274 times)

How to use the Latest Revision (815)?
« on: October 02, 2018, 08:16:16 am »
Hey, just recently discovered FOnline. So far it all seems really cool, and I'm excited to setup a custom server and play with my friends. I downloaded the latest revision (815 at the time of this post) and was wondering if there is any information on how to actually use this version of the SDK.

Current existing tutorials seem to be outdated, and the documentation included with revision 815 seems to also be outdated. I would really like to know if its currently even possible to use the latest version yet. I've seen Cvet's videos that he posts when he releases a new revision, and the engine seems really nice.

Right now, when I attempt to launch, it throws an error about missing project files. I assume this means I need to actually develop some content for the server and client to use, but I would like some information on how I go about doing that.

I have a little bit of experience in C++ and not a complete noob to software development. If the latest version just isn't ready for public use, could someone point me to the latest version that is able to be used?

Re: How to use the Latest Revision (815)?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 08:44:24 am »
New revisions has lack of content files, it is just clean engine.
This thread may give you some wider info - https://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,29952.0.html

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 04:48:00 pm »
On the other hand, if you want to quick start then I suggest using FOnline: 2238 or FOnline: Reloaded SDKs. Last one is modified and upgraded 2238. You can easily host private server on localhost and play with friends. However, I don't know what revisions are used in both SDKs, I have read that 412 is very popular but I don't know if it's used in both projects.

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 06:08:19 am »
However, I don't know what revisions are used in both SDKs, I have read that 412 is very popular but I don't know if it's used in both projects.
There's 391 revision applied and can be upgraded to 412 but I don't know is it some improvement. The main changes are UTF8 without BOM in codepage and fullscreen is working well at D3D mode what's good for older PC machines.  Anyway rev 412 has own bugs not featured in 391.

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 10:57:50 am »
Bit late, but let it be for future lurkers:
There's ongoing work on reviving original TLA (i think), and it switched to r814 just recently:
https://github.com/rifleman17/fonline_tla/
Games are meant to be created, not played...