FOnline Development > General Discussion

100 years plan - Call to keyboards.

<< < (3/6) > >>

testerDEV:

--- Quote from: Zinthos on December 31, 2017, 03:55:22 am ---- Built-in VOIP, either ingame or via a lightweight application to start alongside the game

--- End quote ---

Nah, it's useless feature because players prefer using Discord, Mumble or Teamspeak. No matter how good VoIP you provide, players don't use that because there is already better software. And remember only PvP players are willing to use "public" voice communication.

Zinthos:

--- Quote from: testerDEV on December 31, 2017, 10:26:41 am ---Nah, it's useless feature because players prefer using Discord, Mumble or Teamspeak. No matter how good VoIP you provide, players don't use that because there is already better software. And remember only PvP players are willing to use "public" voice communication.

--- End quote ---
Then ingame text chat is also an useless feature because everyone can just use the forum to send pms. Right?
Yes, there are better alternatives, but that doesn't mean that everyone is using them. Of course, pvp players will always use teamspeak or discord, but most of the casual players won't bother downloading a third party software just to have some chit chat or trading done in Hub. And it gives the game some immersion... you meet someone in the desert and instead of typing you can actually ask him if he's friendly - before getting your head blown off (results may vary).

It is not of big importance, but i think that nearly every MMO has this feature already.

testerDEV:
The trick with chat box is that player can actually see how his character says something - similarly NPCs says.

Btw Fonline needs others features and changes. Reworked GUI with scalable fonts and windows, clients for Windows, Linux, macOS, maybe Android... But what would be really helpful is auto updater - not needed manually download files or something. Something like launcher you have posted.

Zinthos:

--- Quote from: testerDEV on December 31, 2017, 05:48:05 pm ---The trick with chat box is that player can actually see how his character says something - similarly NPCs says.

Btw Fonline needs others features and changes. Reworked GUI with scalable fonts and windows, clients for Windows, Linux, macOS, maybe Android... But what would be really helpful is auto updater - not needed manually download files or something. Something like launcher you have posted.

--- End quote ---
If i remember correctly, the source code and the launcher itself is included within the 2238 SDK release. It can probably be modified to check for updates on every game start. I might take a look into it after the holidays.

By the way the sdk revision 477 (i think) already features an auto updater built in.

dogo23:
great posts. I would love to assist in any way. I believe that right now the development needs to be streamlined. People wishing to contribute should have an easier to use mapmaker + quest + characters + items all in one program.

I believe for this to get more support, we need to start a repository or list of repositories.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version