Author Topic: FOClassic  (Read 40965 times)

Offline adumbperson

• Turn around in orbit!
Re: FOClassic
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2019, 04:27:57 pm »
First paste is either not installed VS2017+VS2010 or missing env variables. In second case VS offers developer command prompt which sets them all up. Once cmake sets everything you don't have to worry about it anymore - everything is set to update itself directly. I didn't run CMake myself since few months, VS takes care of all that after solution is generated.

My apologies... seems like I didn't take the problem the right way...
I've no idea how VS works... The only stuff I do is to use cl.exe directly through a bat files.
I cannot use VS apps it tells something about registration...
To develop I use a simple text editor... and I'm fine with that.

What you talking about? It's exactly same repo we used during 2238 times, exactly same i used to grab clean SDK r412, and exactly which was used for development since SDK was released. Only difference is that it's using git now, instead of svn, but it has nothing to do with the source itself.

Again my apologies...
When I downloaded FOnline sources it looked very quick...
And I guess I didn't assume I could restore r412 through the repo itself...
I'll be looking for that.

Thanks!

I've finally found a reg key for VS2010 making life easier...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 06:42:44 pm by adumbperson »
How did I end in delivery with that kind of log about me... my god... I no sure it were a good idea to read my log... ~suicide -2022/05/18-

Offline adumbperson

• Turn around in orbit!
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2019, 01:16:35 am »
I've managed to clone r412 using sha commit...
But libs are in a wrong format, I can't compile anything...

Also tried to compile foclassic using wipe's tip
here the result... https://bpaste.net/show/0a8bbd6a8f9c
Compiler broken...
But it works fine when compiling game dlls I don't understand what's the problem...

### UPDATE
By following FOClassic's app veyor console I've managed to craft a working build environ using ubuntu 64bit.

Using Windows 64 it's still a problem, I NEED HELP...

### UPDATE 2
Near fixing windows build... https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10888391/error-link-fatal-error-lnk1123-failure-during-conversion-to-coff-file-inval

### UPDATE 3
Wrote 2 "HOW TO" to share your work section, showing Ubuntu 64bit and Window 64bit build environments.

Enjoy
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 01:15:38 am by adumbperson »
How did I end in delivery with that kind of log about me... my god... I no sure it were a good idea to read my log... ~suicide -2022/05/18-

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2019, 03:42:44 am »
Damn, you're faster, tried to reproduce this for way too long with no success...
Do you have any other VS installed other than 2008/2010/2017? This sounds preeety familiar.

For people from future:
How to build FOClassic using Windows 7 64bit
How to build FOClassic for linux 32bit
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Offline adumbperson

• Turn around in orbit!
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2019, 06:15:24 am »
Do you have any other VS installed other than 2008/2010/2017?

Only VS2010

This OS (Windows 7 64bit) ain't even an sp1... I'm experiencing lot of pain installing windows stuffs...

Everythings looks bound to SP1...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 08:04:47 am by adumbperson »

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2019, 11:21:17 am »
guys, using "FOnline" in project name is still obligatory like it was in past or now things changed?

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2019, 12:05:31 pm »
I'm pretty sure it was never obligatory?

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2019, 02:25:40 pm »
Its quote from Licence which was attached to every FOnline SDK in past

3.2. Программа должна использоваться под наименованием: "FOnline". Пользователь не вправе изменять наименование Программы, изменять и/или удалять знак охраны авторского права или иное указание на Правообладателя.

Im not russian speaker, but if Im not wrong it says that name FOnline must stay and cant be removed, so Im curious how it looks now. From what I see on cvets github there is no such licence anymore just this https://github.com/cvet/fonline/blob/master/LICENSE instead

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2019, 03:01:18 pm »
That's funny, because we had other projects such as The Tangut Prophecy and What Remains, which didn't care about it at all (and so did nobody else).