Author Topic: Q&A - The development of FOnline: 2238  (Read 9168 times)

Offline kompreSor

• FOnline 3
Re: Q&A - The development of FOnline: 2238
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2016, 05:32:15 pm »
When was the thing, the turning point when you thought to yourself that things went bad/wrong/not to your liking for 2238?

ps. Have you ever figured what happened to Solar or Slim Charles?

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2016, 06:22:06 am »
Surf Solar isn't the Solar who worked on 2238 economy, etc.

I don't think there ever was "a turning point" for us. It just kinda went down as it did. Obviously, everyone not being able to spend more time working on the game had the biggest influence, as it's a motivation downward spiral. My personal opinion about the matter is that it simply became too big to handle. Too many separate construction zones that each would have taken months of work with uncertain results, which is why i now can't stop preaching "start as small as possible" or you'll fail.

Another important point is that 2238 just can't be finished. No matter how much work is being done or how much time you spend, it's a project that just can't be finished due to its MMO nature. If you like to finish stuff and move on to a new project, then this won't be fun for you forever.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 07:34:41 am by Lexx »

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2016, 11:28:19 am »
When was the thing, the turning point when you thought to yourself that things went bad/wrong/not to your liking for 2238?

What is your opinion about it, from the perspective of GM?

Here is my version of the history

« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 02:40:38 pm by JovankaB »

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2017, 03:34:29 am »
What is your opinion about it, from the perspective of GM?
I've been rather diligent in my pointless duty with occasional event organising, but my opinion as GM is not gonna differ from that of an average player. GMs/mods never even been a part of the team, really. Which is weird, but no point arguing about it.

Things been in decline even before last wipe. For me personally, even longer than that. Things felt sour all around.
Players getting weary, questioneable changes in mechanics, reworks, dramas, attitudes~
There was a general discontent which was not managed (or when it was, it was managed rather poorly).
Devs weren't giving nice vibes either.

In the end I can say is that its sad that things turned out this way, but as Lexx have said, sometimes you just need to move on.
What's more sad that rest of the servers remained rather stagnant and stuck in the past, and probably will remain so untill the end of days. Notable exception would be Ashes of Phoenix, but it's rather dead at the moment.

It was a good run while it lasted. Kinda feels like it was just yesterday.
I'll always remember fondly people I've met during those years.
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
irc V_guessWho

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2017, 03:52:25 pm »
Kids happened,  that's what ;)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.