Author Topic: Fallout 2 AI.txt question  (Read 3125 times)

Fallout 2 AI.txt question
« on: October 23, 2016, 06:03:47 pm »
Hello everyone.

I have a mega question to ask:
Dont know if you guys know something about fallout 2 modding but it doesnt hurt to ask here since i cant find an answer in nma.

Basically my question is about the AI.txt of fallout2, the file that list the AI type of critters, there dialogue when hit etc...
( when master.dat is unpacked this file is located in fallout 2/data/data directory)
What i want to do is make the player react like an npc when he is hit.
There is a set of lines refering to PLAYER AI wich is as follow:

This is determined i believe by those 3 lines:
[Player AI]
body_type=Primitive ( set of sentences that appear when the critter is hit in the body pointing in combatai.msg file)
general_type=Primitive ( set of sentences that appear when the critter attack or dodge pointing to combatai.msg file)
chance=25 ( chances a floating text with the corresponding values will appear)

After adding those lines and verifying they match the correc sentences when in game there is no chat message.

I dont know what i am doing wrong.

And secondly if i want to change the color of this particular text, i believe those two lines play a role:
color=58
font=101
What is the code for the colors green, red and blue that are available?
Those values are the same for every critter but in game some text will be displayed in red and i no idea if those codes actually do anything at all.

Thx in advance for your help.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 06:08:00 pm by ZX6R »

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: Fallout 2 AI.txt question
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 05:10:12 am »
You could just use some sfall magic and add a hit detection to the dude_obj script in the combat_p_proc procedure. If player gets hit, there is x chance to float your custom text. Probably much easier than fiddleing with ai.txt - not even sure if it's possible to get the player to float messages via that file. Kinda doubt he is affected by ai.txt at all.