Author Topic: FEV - FOnline (frm) Editor/Viewer - by Slowhand.  (Read 24368 times)

Re: FEV - FOnline (frm) Editor/Viewer - by Slowhand.
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2016, 09:13:32 am »
Pretty handy tool. Nice work!

Could you update the links please? They're not working anymore.

Thanks and greets,

B.

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 10:15:00 pm »
Really interesting and helpful tool :)

Offline Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 01:53:11 pm »
The FileDropper download links are dead sadly, although the source is available it might be nice to have the compiled files available.

If someone can put up new link(s), I'll put it in our filemirror here on fodev.net

Offline Slowhand

• Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 05:05:57 pm »
Hey,

I will try to do this, this week.

Offline Slowhand

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2017, 04:12:37 pm »
The FileDropper download links are dead sadly, although the source is available it might be nice to have the compiled files available.

If someone can put up new link(s), I'll put it in our filemirror here on fodev.net

Try this google drive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_zoHqoYCStWZGpCLXpWVEVDWFU/view?usp=sharing

Can you please try to run it before you share, this is the java runnable version, basically a .jar that should work on any operating system as long as JRE is installed. (Might be better to redistribute it like this, since on Win64 couldn't make 32 executable format, nor Linux.) It works for me, but dev machine testing is never good.

Offline Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2017, 05:54:10 pm »
Try this google drive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_zoHqoYCStWZGpCLXpWVEVDWFU/view?usp=sharing

Can you please try to run it before you share, this is the java runnable version, basically a .jar that should work on any operating system as long as JRE is installed. (Might be better to redistribute it like this, since on Win64 couldn't make 32 executable format, nor Linux.) It works for me, but dev machine testing is never good.

Thanks, I tested it with Java 8 64-bit, Update 131 on Windows 7, worked fine!

Offline Slowhand

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2017, 07:09:54 pm »
Okay, then please share with the community on your own device as well, it's a very small file compared to the win64 bit installer which was almost 100MB. I wil probably not deploy any other version for windows users, as Java can be run on every modern operating system if it's installed.

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2018, 12:50:08 am »
Cant download , Google blocked it and says its a virus ?

http://prntscr.com/l3chsz
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 12:52:44 am by FrankenStone »

Offline Slowhand

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2019, 04:19:44 pm »
Did a fix for those who were interested in it (someone on discord asked about it), now you can export single frames, not just whole animations.

Attached new link to first post on top.

I cannot do much about virus alerts. The source to this release has not been update to git yet, but I will do it soonish then you can check for changes yourself.

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2020, 03:19:29 am »
Slowhand, thanks for this.

The first frame export thing wrongly sets the transparent pixels. It sets them as black instead of transparent when exporting to png.

oh, found a fixed version here: https://github.com/Sasabmeg/FEV/tree/master/release or maybe not.... damn... ye, not fixed.

Also the path directory is incorrectly saved.... Anyhow. maybe I'll find something better to edit them...

Wow, this is terrible. I've wasted hours trying to edit fucking trees

Trying to replace the green plus with a black square! Dudes! This requires fuuuuucking insane amount of pain! Is there an adequate editor that allows you to edit the fcking frm frames without casting it into different other formats???

Maybe there's a way for the client to consume gifs?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 08:51:37 am by cthulchu »

Offline Slowhand

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2020, 04:02:26 am »
You got me confused there a bit, since it's been a while that I used my own tool.

1. Go and download: https://github.com/Sasabmeg/FEV/blob/master/release/FEV_v1.3_exportfix2.jar
2. Use jarfix to fix the autolaunch of jar files if you havent.
3. Double click FEV_v1.3_exportfix2.jar
4. Select file. (I used fallout.dat\art\scenery\tree11.frm)
5. Exp single frame
5.1 Before prev, make sure you did NOT select the checkbox "Image background"
6. Save the file where you want as .png format.
7. Use Infranview or Paint.NET or whatever editor/viewer you use that can handle transparency.
8. Get the following image in Paint.NET.

PS: I do not check this site daily, or rather have status open and I do not realize there are new posts. If something is urgent, or you feel like failing hard, you can contact me on discord.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 04:37:26 am by Slowhand »

Offline Slowhand

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2023, 02:16:19 pm »
Latest updates:

2023: FEV_v1.6.jar Added option to export whole folder. Note: Since 1.5 you might need to hold ALT while using LEFT/RIGHT keys to navigate.
2023: FEV_v1.5.jar Added a fix for Java 17+ version, there was a bug if one tried to run single executable javafx jars, they would generate error. You can run FEV_v1.5.jar at https://github.com/Sasabmeg/FEV/blob/master/release/FEV_v1.5.jar if you have more recent Java versions installed than the good old Java 8.
2022: FEV_v1.4.jarAdded a fix for Java 8 version.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 10:08:34 am by Slowhand »

Offline Ermac

• I'm pidor.
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2023, 04:20:40 pm »
Hi,

App is very good. Primarily used for FRMs.

I would ask you two things to improve (using of the) the app.
1) Put releases directly on the Github (latest one including optionally previous ones)
2) Put Main Menu bar (with File, Edit/Info, Options) etc in the Form (Frame) itself.
    It would tell about the program and the author. Giving some general pointers how to use the app etc.

Regards.

I am the Resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?

Offline Slowhand

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2023, 04:17:34 pm »
1) Put releases directly on the Github (latest one including optionally previous ones)

Releases are directly available on GitHub, see release folder: https://github.com/Sasabmeg/FEV/tree/master/release
So are previous releases, fixes.

2) Put Main Menu bar (with File, Edit/Info, Options) etc in the Form (Frame) itself.
    It would tell about the program and the author. Giving some general pointers how to use the app etc.

Atm busy with other FOnline stuff, but maybe I will add menu later.
How to use without reading fodev.net post would be good indeed.
Next changes if any, will be probably toward converting .fofrm files or folder with images into .frm files.

Thanks for feedback.