Author Topic: Fonline Origins  (Read 36214 times)

Re: Fonline Origins
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2016, 04:37:18 pm »
I asked him but he doesnt want to help us

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 04:45:44 pm »

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 04:35:00 pm »
We want to create muliplayer game such like fonline 2, reloaded. We works in 5 person team now .I found guys who want help me with maps. I think we have most things done but still working on it.  We dont have any website right now but this is planed in features but soon we will do trailer of our games.  ;)
There is a few things from game : http://files.tinypic.pl/i/00804/ha9aoi1kklqp.png

PS: Sory for my english :P

Thanks for answers. Well, I'm not satisfied for another "2238-like" server but good luck with your project.

Offline Bungo

• Fonline: Aftertimes Lead 3D Artist
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2016, 05:00:38 am »
Hey, I'm one of the DEVs for the project and I WILL, I repeat, I WILL make sure it will be a totally new experience. I'm talking with the rest of the team about new ideas and so far I've implanted in their minds features like hunger system and buildable turrets / hacking robots to make characters with high repair / science more useful in combat. I still have a lot more ideas but so far I need to talk with Dawid and Tito, well, ESPECIALLY Tito who is not convinced about some of these, like bigger towns with some wilderness around.
Here's our Trello to see what we have planned so far and other thingies.

https://trello.com/b/8CYPTnDp/fonline-origins

Oh and also, we will have at freaking least playable supermutants and ghouls, both capable to run and to equip more armors.
Heh, not to mention some enemies from New Vegas and 3 making a return :P
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 05:07:45 am by Bungo »

Offline Slowhand

• Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2016, 12:52:18 pm »
Hey, I'm one of the DEVs for the project and I WILL, I repeat, I WILL make sure it will be a totally new experience. I'm talking with the rest of the team about new ideas and so far I've implanted in their minds features like hunger system and buildable turrets / hacking robots to make characters with high repair / science more useful in combat. I still have a lot more ideas but so far I need to talk with Dawid and Tito, well, ESPECIALLY Tito who is not convinced about some of these, like bigger towns with some wilderness around.
Here's our Trello to see what we have planned so far and other thingies.

Oh and also, we will have at freaking least playable supermutants and ghouls, both capable to run and to equip more armors.
Heh, not to mention some enemies from New Vegas and 3 making a return :P

Sounds good. As long as you make and keep making content, besides (not just) pvp adjustments, your server should populate.

Fonline Orgins
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2016, 01:12:10 am »
Greatings Guys :), I'm main programer of this Fonline content, and at the first i want to say we are working to make new game with fresh ideas based on standard Fonline ideology. Now project is in young alfa version, we already make a lot of work in very short time but we have two times more to do before game will start :). To show somethink other than locations i will add here some screen taken when modifying the server, and remember this is early stage of serwer and propably all can be changed. Today i will show only few of many thinks. Enjoy !

At the first new Trials:

New reanimate perk for medic can save sometimes your ass.

Our new crafting based of "tree" craft.

In serwer will be more vehicles like this, i will show you only one :) others will be top secret.

New needler, needler rifle, system. Now 3 types of ammunition (irradiated, poisioning and healing)

New system of toxins.

Some new weapons and books for all skills.

Like i said it is only small part which i can show you by screen shots, we will make few time more thinks before serwer starts, and remeber this is early alfa version so dont take all serious  ;)

« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 01:21:13 am by dawidsonki »

Offline Bungo

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2016, 01:38:31 am »
Also to add to what Dawid already said, here's a little sneak peak for one of new enemies we'll introduce :>

« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 01:58:55 am by Bungo »

Offline Bungo

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2016, 07:50:50 pm »
No posts recently here, so I'll post Feral Ghoul and weapon modding sneak peaks :P

Feral Ghoul:

Weapon Modding:

You can see other things we have in plans here:

« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 07:53:34 pm by Bungo »

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2016, 08:28:34 pm »

I'm in. :)

No, seriously, if you need any help coding, mapping, balancing game numbers or writing English text (no offense, I get the idea of Walking Dead but the phrasing is super weird) I am happy to help. My own goal is to do an expanded FOnline game with some of the things fonliner mentioned for the roleplay/survival world (postapo world means crap stuff, hardcore elements like eating, drinking) but in a large open dynamic world instead of the small one they suggested or the standard MMO balance of Reloaded. However before I do that I want to get my feet wet and working with races in your project would be a good start.

I see a lot of stuff inspired by Tactics and later games which I like. I tend to think Fallout 2 had the best base mechanics but benefits greatly from the content of later games. Fallout PnP is one of my favorite games. Since that seems close to what you are going for I am interested in helping.

Offline S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2016, 05:38:42 am »
This server better not be a damn hexing simulator like Fonline 2, or making me grind for 12 hours just to get decent pvp gear.
Back In-Game :D

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2016, 07:47:23 pm »
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 01:29:57 am by Wipe »

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2016, 07:48:43 pm »
just open image in new tab. i think i have prblem with adding new screens here :/

Offline Slowhand

• Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2016, 08:24:52 pm »
just open image in new tab. i think i have prblem with adding new screens here :/

I had a similar problem using imgur, but if I use psotimage, there are 2 links, one is direct link, I use that as source and it works.

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2016, 01:36:45 am »
Removed img tag; you should try using direct link next time, see spoiler

Games are meant to be created, not played...

Offline Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2016, 09:05:03 pm »
He's right. Do something new instead. If you just copy what's there already, it very likely won't succeed anyway.
Wise man had spoken.

I've been around for a while and I'd like to ask you guys a question - what makes me play your version of FOnline and not any other? Additional guns? Nah, boring, there's already plenty of guns nobody is using. Big-ass size maps you run through for ages and still don't meet anyone? Well, nope, it's already difficult to find a player on FOnline2/Reloaded with average players count below 200. Spear powered with SEC is something I haven't seen before, but it's not enough and doesn't give me a boner.
See where I'm getting to? What's the difference between server X with yellow shotgun ammo and server Y with green ammo, since both X and Y are the same nuked California with Klamath top left and Glow bottom right?

It's your business after all, so do whatever you want. But since you've got running ghouls, why not make the brand spanking new idea and run FOnline: The Living Dead? Players try to survive among zombies/ghouls, sneaking between as fighting them with firearms drags attention and attracts them more and more. Ghouls are active during the night (fear of the dark!), so only days are suitable for scavenging, searching for supplies and defending from/hunting down others. Shelters only underground/above ground, ghouls cannot access ladders obviously. No high-tier crap as an average guy is too busy looking for food/water/bullets to study how to fire this goddamn plasma gun. Dynamic generating of goods/items/supplies in cities, there is a script for that working great on FOnline2. No mining, it makes too much noise. And so on, and so on.

I've tried to start something refreshing among FOnlines, but I've failed due to lack of time, mostly. Since you, by the looks of it, have decent amount of time to spare, why stick to the same old shit painted with new colors?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 09:38:42 pm by Wichura »
Nie biegaj za stadem.