Author Topic: Fonline Origins  (Read 36206 times)

Fonline Origins
« on: November 21, 2015, 08:17:52 pm »
Hello,

I am one of the developers of the new FOnline named "Fonline Origins". We are trying to create its own engine by using our available engines TLA, SDK and Reloaded. For now our server is placed on a test stage on hamachi. So far, we work in three -person team (from Poland) but we are looking for the fresh blood in order to speed up the work . People willing to cooperate feel free to contact me on PM.  Cheers ;)

Re: Fonline Origins
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 09:26:28 pm »
What kind of features it will have?

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 09:43:15 pm »
It is a matter for discussion between developers . We try not to reproduce bugs or ideas from other servers and create something new based on the views of players. We ask what they are missing out on the servers of this type, adjust to the server and so slowly built up a new server. I'm trying to adapt elements so that the level of difficulty was not too demanding but at the same time to force the player to think. But the server has a lot of things to do and not enough hands to work.

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 06:24:32 pm »
Instead of another typical pvp/pve server as Reloaded/2238, AoP, TLA  make something unique and available for wide group of players...

Co-op. Recreate Fallout 1 on fonline engine. It would be cool and it will be a revolution... but it requires a lot of time and skills. That is first suggestion I think the best one. After Fallout 1 is Fallout 2... with Restoration Project content.

However the second suggestion is about creating hardcore survival & roleplay fonline server. Some features:
- low hp, max lvl around 12-15
- postapo world which means crap stuff (metal armor mk2 is high stuff when combat armor is rare stuff)
- small worldmap with few locations on it
- hardcore elements like eating, drinking

The third suggestion is working on current incomplete project, for example desert europe source was released so why not work on it? Transfer to new engine, expand history and if possible work together with origin developers.

The last suggestion is about co-op/singleplayer game. Small worldmap, few locations, linear main storyline with unique quests. Remember surf solar what remains singleplayer fonline? Yeah... something like this available for solo/co-op gameplay would be cool and revolution.

Thats what I want. Something fresh and it could bring new ideas for developers.

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 08:31:44 pm »
Sounds like you want him to do all the hard work for you. Where's YOUR FONLINE?!?!?!

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 02:15:00 pm »
Sounds like you want him to do all the hard work for you. Where's YOUR FONLINE?!?!?!

Nope, I suggested him what he should focus. We dont need another "2238 like" server because there are 2 - Reloaded and Fonline2. There are "TLA like" servers  too. Ashes of Phoenix is unique but it lacks of activities, it is same as desert europe - nice idea, mechanics, gameplay but no quests and pve activities.

So instead of insulting me and attacking show your fonline. What did you do?

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 05:19:25 am »
He's right. Do something new instead. If you just copy what's there already, it very likely won't succeed anyway.

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 12:12:13 pm »
Hi we're still working on our project but we need your help. We're looking for someone who want create some maps of few location

If you're intresting just send me PM and I tell everything what you need to do.

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2016, 03:10:39 pm »
What did you do so far?

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 06:33:46 pm »
I created new worldmap, new dungeons and city, our guys changed scrpits and many things, but we need just someone who want make few maps for us.

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 10:00:00 am »
How many people work on it?

What is the current stage of the project? Pre-alpha, alpha? Do you have most things done?

Do you have any website where can you show progress?

What your game is about? Reloaded like server, co-op or singleplayer game?

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2016, 10:30:14 am »
Yea, gave to us some details. No one will work on some enigmatic project. Is not so hard to make some screens, describe info about what version of engine you using, number of contributors, some future plans and shit like that.

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 11:10:26 am »
So, could you answer questions?

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2016, 12:40:12 pm »
We want to create muliplayer game such like fonline 2, reloaded. We works in 5 person team now .I found guys who want help me with maps. I think we have most things done but still working on it.  We dont have any website right now but this is planed in features but soon we will do trailer of our games.  ;)
There is a few things from game : http://files.tinypic.pl/i/00804/ha9aoi1kklqp.png

PS: Sory for my english :P
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 04:57:26 pm by Tit0 »

Offline Slowhand

• Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2016, 01:34:33 pm »
If you are looking for mapper, try Urukuai from Reloaded, he likes to make maps and also makes them fast.

Also the image u linked does not work...