Author Topic: FOnline 2238: Requiem 3rd Session  (Read 18665 times)

Offline SEGA_RUS

• Arbeit macht frei
Re: FOnline 2238: Requiem 3rd Session
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2015, 05:48:19 pm »
World is wiped for testing economy system.
Skype - sega_75rus

Offline SEGA_RUS

• Arbeit macht frei
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2015, 08:34:25 pm »
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 11:15:33 pm by SEGA_RUS »
Skype - sega_75rus

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2015, 05:22:25 am »
I don't think it's a good idea to delete hotkeys and smart cursor...

Super Stim spamming is not user interface issue - it's a game mechanics issue.
Removing hotkeys doesn't fix anything - it only gives advantage to people using external programs.
You could make SS heal less and less hit points if they are spammed, if it's your concern.

I think optimally it should be up to players what interface they use.
It's not where game balance should be made. The right place for this is on server side IMHO...

But if you want to make a copy of 3rd session, then I guess it makes some sense.
Just don't forget to reimplement bugs that were fixed later :P
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 09:51:25 am by JovankaB »

Offline SEGA_RUS

• Arbeit macht frei
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2015, 08:12:29 am »
Removing hotkeys doesn't fix anything - it only gives advantage to people using external programs.
You could make SS heal less and less hit points if they are spammed, if it's your concern.
It's impossible coz FOnline uses packet encryption. I want to make defense from dll injects. But it's in future...

BTW
Changes on OBT
-Mercs on random encounters don't attack players till you not attack or you/they don't attacked.
-Deleted mowst part of new quests.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 11:14:17 am by SEGA_RUS »
Skype - sega_75rus

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2015, 02:57:14 pm »
It's impossible coz FOnline uses packet encryption. I want to make defense from dll injects. But it's in future....

Ever heard of kernel injectors? Kinda heard to protect yourself from those..

Also does this mean that the dupe bug will be back too? But you know what I want to really have a comeback? That launcher that the 2238 client had, where you could see news and changelogs.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:01:07 pm by raynor009 »

Offline SEGA_RUS

• Arbeit macht frei
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2015, 04:48:10 pm »
Also does this mean that the dupe bug will be back too? But you know what I want to really have a comeback? That launcher that the 2238 client had, where you could see news and changelogs.
I found Launcher source code.
Skype - sega_75rus

Offline Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2015, 08:20:36 pm »
It's impossible coz FOnline uses packet encryption. I want to make defense from dll injects. But it's in future...

Not sure if this was a joke, but why not. This is a losing game, unless you have the resources of Valve (VAC) or Blizzard (Warden), you're not going to be able to detect and prevent dll injection in any kind of meaningful way. You'll have to make it very intrusive (kernel driver) to make it at the least effective, or make it fairly simple but focus on making it complex to waste cheaters time.

In any case I don't think a lot of players would like to install such a hostile piece of code just to play your FOnline game. It's a cat and mouse game and any attempt you make to detect can be patched away, and as long as the cheat code is able to run at the same priviledge level as your cheat detection, you're not going to be able to do much. You can't control the users machine because it's not an iPhone and there's a lot of people out there that enjoy breaking anti-cheat stuff :)

Furthermore, there have been protocol reversings done before like this one, so it's far from impossible, you just need a lot of time (and/or skill) to study how the client communicates using a disassembler and at that level there's no magic going on.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 08:23:31 pm by Ghosthack »

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2015, 12:11:14 am »
As a bonus to what Ghost said...

I know at least one tool which allows to configure own hotkeys in nearly no time for virtually all clients, except really ancient ones~ And you don't need to care about protocol at all when working on custom hotkeys, due to way how hardcoded part of interface works. While some actions can't be done without server-side scripts, what we have in client itself is much more than enough to bring back FOCD times and all of problems it created.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Offline SEGA_RUS

• Arbeit macht frei
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2015, 11:54:53 am »
As a bonus to what Ghost said...

I know at least one tool which allows to configure own hotkeys in nearly no time for virtually all clients, except really ancient ones~ And you don't need to care about protocol at all when working on custom hotkeys, due to way how hardcoded part of interface works. While some actions can't be done without server-side scripts, what we have in client itself is much more than enough to bring back FOCD times and all of problems it created.
You mean d3d9.dll?
Skype - sega_75rus

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2015, 09:57:30 pm »
Yeah, that's just one of many ways... but let's not derail the thread even more ;)
Games are meant to be created, not played...

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2015, 03:11:34 pm »
Server is open?

Offline SEGA_RUS

• Arbeit macht frei
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2015, 05:04:36 pm »
Skype - sega_75rus

Offline SEGA_RUS

• Arbeit macht frei
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2015, 12:57:12 pm »

Project released.
In 1-2 weeks Sneak calculation will be reworked. If you want to make sneaker make it like in 3rd session(weapon\armor penalites will be removed, bonus from stelthboy will be removed)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 06:29:36 pm by SEGA_RUS »
Skype - sega_75rus

Offline SEGA_RUS

• Arbeit macht frei
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2015, 04:28:00 pm »
Fixed tb turn skip bug.
I hope it's last restart for today.
Skype - sega_75rus

Offline SEGA_RUS

• Arbeit macht frei
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2015, 09:27:26 am »
Host maintance from 28.09 to 05.10. Server can be unavailable in that 7 days.
Skype - sega_75rus