Author Topic: Offering modding service  (Read 2621 times)

Offline S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
Offering modding service
« on: May 03, 2015, 09:07:48 pm »
I'm really bored of FOnlines :P I mean they're fun but when no action I get bored xd

Anyways I know how to recolor and make new Animation sets, so was wondering if there is anyone out there that needs something done

I can't make new animations, I can try but mostly recoloring is what I'm good at
Back In-Game :D

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
Re: Offering modding service
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 04:23:17 am »
There's always someone looking for new skins - sometimes they just don't know it until they see them done ;)
But first, obligatory link to famous NMA thread which may give you some ideas.

Now. I honestly think making another CA recolor would be a waste of your time, as there is enough of them around, but it's just personal taste~ Instead, i'd look at NPCs and see if something fancy can be done - "Vault Boxer" [and its variations below] or "Old Ian" [2238, CrType 128, NMMAX8*] are, IMHO, great examples of recolor done the right way...

...but there are dozens of other skins which could use some love, not only human ones. Bit darker molerats/pigrats could serve well for mountain areas - think Black Scorpions used in "FOnline2" for example. Molerat with huge scar across the body, or centaur/deathclown with visible wounds after flamer/plasma/whatever could not only serve as a marker for "boss" but allow dialog writer to bring some short story about how he get it.

But hey, recoloring doesn't ends on critters only. Tiles, walls, roofs, sceneries, inventory items... there are literally hundreds of files just waiting for mspaint magick ;D Even stupid trees with colors fitting different seasons would be a nice touch, if someone put a game in less falloutish setup.

So yeah, no requests here; maybe throw some examples to bring peoples attention [if you have such already] or just make what's fun for you. Easier to ask for corrections or variations of what's already made than ask for stuff which may never be done, especially when you stated that you're getting bored with the game(s)  :P
Games are meant to be created, not played...