Author Topic: [Mapper] Problem with light  (Read 1990 times)

Offline MACabra

• Also known as MAC; Mashcar & John MacStone :)
[Mapper] Problem with light
« on: April 15, 2015, 08:54:17 pm »
I've added some new graphics to the newest SDK version... and have a problem with lighting on the horizontal walls

Is this a problem with x,y positioning of the graphics or maybe there is some sort of "special magic blocker" to put under the walls ? :)
Anyone know how to fix this?

Offline wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
Re: [Mapper] Problem with light
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 11:11:19 pm »
Did you try checking NoLightInfluence? Or maybe LightThru is set incorrectly. I would try to experiment with those.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 12:12:45 pm »
Original Fallout 2 had a special "no light" blocker, but I am not sure if it is still in 2238 stuff. It should be in the TLA SDK, though. Just place these objects on the hex you want no light to go through.

Offline MACabra

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 05:20:54 pm »
Well, actually I want light get on the walls smoothly like here and have no idea how to do it...

I can set the "light thru" parametr to "true" but then i have to put another wall or blocker behind my primary wall, right?

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 06:02:13 am »
Well, this issue is due to the hex position / offset of the graphic. Unless you take an existing (and working as intended) wall graphic and copy the exact offsets and everything, you will have a hard time fixing this, as it's simply how the engine draws the light on the hex grid.

If it's only about fixed light sources, you can try to balance it out with adding additional light sources that only have a light range of 1 hex. You can also adjust the intensity, etc. But that's just faking the issue away for that one location.

/Edit: Also check that N/S and E/W flags are set correctly in the wall proto.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 06:42:32 am by Lexx »

Offline MACabra

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 05:46:14 pm »
Thxx Lexx, so it seems like i have a lot of work to do. I have to open original wall.frm in FrameAnimator then copy the offsets to my wall.png and save it as FRM file... right?

Edit: I've changed the offsets and the N/S - E/W flags and its working.   

Thx
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:41:31 pm by MACabra »