Author Topic: Let's presume I want to play some FOnline... OH GOD THE SERVERS  (Read 31841 times)

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
Re: Let's presume I want to play some FOnline... OH GOD THE SERVERS
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2015, 05:27:43 am »
Fonliner was first, he should be the leader. You can be idea man.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 05:30:11 am by JovankaB »

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2015, 08:12:56 am »
Ok, you got the leader man and the idea man. Now you just need the actual work men and this thing is pretty much done.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 08:14:38 am by Lexx »

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2015, 11:21:40 am »
I am going make crowdfunding project and obsidian + fargo + fans + bethesda cash = profit!!1

I said for fun, actually fonline community is lazy (me too) and get flash in the pan for creating something more unique.

What remains - dead
The Tangut Prophecy - dead

Van buren - ?
Vault 112 - dead
Australia - dead
Arcanum - ?
Last hope - ?
Roleplay - ?
Wasteland 2155 - dead

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2015, 12:43:41 pm »
cash is the least of the problems

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2015, 01:04:05 pm »
tangut is dead???? Whaaaaaaaaatttt? I had high hopes for that.. :(

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2015, 08:55:07 pm »
Ok here's the million dollar idea. Purely pve, pre-nuke, and it takes place in china, players play as america at begin of war. We do world map like it's x-com, players deploy from base in groups to random objectives on world map. You jump in and turn based combat starts where half your squadmates are perma-killed, you manage to flee alone, return alone to base and cry in room and suffer PTSD.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2015, 01:55:00 pm »
I had an idea a long time ago for a FO based game(not online) where you get to play in before the war and the destruction of the entire world. Like the game would be set in chapters and a the story would be linked to the events of Fallout 1, well the game would actually end when the Fallout 1 story begins. But because it would require a ton of new graphics it never made it past the dream land :P. But it would be cool if we could band together and create something like this.

A few few issues that I see with this idea is:

Traveling on the world map now would require a car or some sort of public transport, since this is a modern world you can just walk on foot from L.A to San Fran. Also the world map would need to be huge with many locations, so that it doesn't get too repetitive quick. Then we would need a back story for the player. Who is he? What does he do? How is he involved with the events that destroyed the entire planet? Does he get to die in the end? Or will he manage to make it inside Vault 13 before the armageddon begins.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 02:02:08 pm by raynor009 »

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2015, 07:42:44 pm »
I think this thread dont do justice to fonline 2. It's the best one right now; It's not tla clone, they start from fresh SDK. It has the most players. It has the most content. I have played TLA, reloladed, 2238 and AOP and fonline 2 is best in my opinion, by far. Some of the comments in here are just plain BS, especially ones made by S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

If you are overwhelmed with the servers, try the most active one  (and in my opinon, most fun and best overall) first: fonline 2.

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2015, 10:38:53 pm »
Fooline 2 is full of drama, trolloaded and tla empty, requiem and goo haven is russian. You won't find any meaning anwser on this forums. Choose yourself.

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2015, 11:55:22 pm »
I think this thread dont do justice to fonline 2. It's the best one right now; It's not tla clone, they start from fresh SDK. It has the most players. It has the most content. I have played TLA, reloladed, 2238 and AOP and fonline 2 is best in my opinion, by far. Some of the comments in here are just plain BS, especially ones made by S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

If you are overwhelmed with the servers, try the most active one  (and in my opinon, most fun and best overall) first: fonline 2.

To each his own. You like FO2, I like reloaded, others don't like anything.

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2015, 02:03:49 am »
Yes that's fair enough Jim. I just got set off by stalker

FO2 - a huge grind fest, I honestly don't like it but only place to get some action. 15 AP +, 5 AP burst, people running faster than flash...meh...and the GL .exe is crap

Huge grind fest? You can reach softcap in a few hours no problem

15ap 5 ap burst? Don't even know what he's trying to say (and 15 isn't the max)

GL exe is crap? What does this mean? It didn't work for him I guess? Works fine for me

Truth is OP should try all active servers, or look at their changelogs at least. But if they can't handle trying all then just pick one and go for it.

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2015, 03:14:55 pm »
GL exe is crap? What does this mean? It didn't work for him I guess? Works fine for me

Unoptimized and lagging as hell. Maybe not gl itself but maps, game are lagging while other servers work fine.

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2015, 01:38:02 am »
Tt depends on server. On Requiem I prefer D3D - it gives smoother gameplay and more FPS and no sudden lags but it is completly diffrent with Reloaded where OGL does it better..

About Arcanum it is still in slow development by Tab10id and MEXAHOTABOP. Roleplay and TNF are shutdown,  Australia has already final version and its creator is making a new post-apocalyptic zombie game.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 01:41:51 am by Koniko »

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2015, 08:26:56 pm »
Ashes of Phoenix is a most promising one. A fun with blackjack, hookers and fireworks XD
And i just asked MEXAHOTABOP about Arcanum, and he was not very enthusiastic about any development in near future.