Author Topic: Let's presume I want to play some FOnline... OH GOD THE SERVERS  (Read 31836 times)

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
Re: Let's presume I want to play some FOnline... OH GOD THE SERVERS
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 08:04:18 pm »
I honestly wish 2238 came back, or another version of it
Reloaded - Enhanced version of 2238
Your wish is in! ;)
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 09:09:00 pm »
Wish someone would make a FOnline coop game for 2 to 4 player- that is more focused on story and tactical combat, instead of yet another MMO.

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 02:25:22 am »
Wish someone would make a FOnline coop game for 2 to 4 player- that is more focused on story and tactical combat, instead of yet another MMO.
been a couple of years since you've said that first, anything put towards it yet?

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 05:15:32 am »
Not that I know. It seems nobody is interested in that.

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2015, 11:23:05 am »
I started playing on Reloaded 2 weeks ago, and it was very easy to pick up and start playing since its basically 2238 at core. It's super easy to get items, they've even added a rape-free town where you can't get bursted to death by players or have your items stolen from your inventory. But the PvP part seems a bit unbalanced IMO. There are implants for special stats, various damage resistance and hp + Power Armor and Hardened Power Armor which from what I've been told you can only get them from TC lockers from a few other locations filled with NPC's ready to kill you. There are also people with level 200 and PA running around with all skills maxed out and all implants which are very hard to confront with. I personally dislike the idea of PA and implants at the same time. Either put implants or PA. Or make PA craftable. Other than that, same old problems, people who have been playing since the session start are millionaires, you got your usual NCR..eh Hub rtards. But it's still nice to get back into it after almost 2 years. I personally find enjoyment in crafting :).

Oh and.. :P.. KILGORE GIVES FREE SKINS :P :D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 11:24:56 am by raynor009 »

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2015, 11:59:00 am »
I started playing on Reloaded 2 weeks ago, and it was very easy to pick up and start playing since its basically 2238 at core. It's super easy to get items, they've even added a rape-free town where you can't get bursted to death by players or have your items stolen from your inventory. But the PvP part seems a bit unbalanced IMO. There are implants for special stats, various damage resistance and hp + Power Armor and Hardened Power Armor which from what I've been told you can only get them from TC lockers from a few other locations filled with NPC's ready to kill you. There are also people with level 200 and PA running around with all skills maxed out and all implants which are very hard to confront with. I personally dislike the idea of PA and implants at the same time. Either put implants or PA. Or make PA craftable. Other than that, same old problems, people who have been playing since the session start are millionaires, you got your usual NCR..eh Hub rtards. But it's still nice to get back into it after almost 2 years. I personally find enjoyment in crafting :).

Oh and.. :P.. KILGORE GIVES FREE SKINS :P :D

There was no wipe since few months so people easily got pa, implants, lvls etc.

Not that I know. It seems nobody is interested in that.

Why you dont start coding? You are great fallout & fonline moder so...

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 01:52:23 pm »
Why you dont start coding? You are great fallout & fonline moder so...
yeah, this is actually what I was on about as well.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2015, 02:16:26 pm »
My AngelScript skills are too low and it is hard to find people who want to contribute to such a project. Besides, since fo2238 I feel very burned out from everything Fallout. It will probably take a long time till I start doing anything for it again.

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2015, 07:38:18 pm »
There are plenty of people interested in making coop FOnline.
And that's basically the problem, people are interested, but not interested enough to cooperate with each other to make something.
Not yet anyhow.

Soon, perhaps, things will change.
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
irc V_guessWho

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2015, 08:06:31 pm »
Its not that they are not interested enough in cooperating to make a game. Its that the lack of documentation, programming skills and time. Ye ye its all great and exciting in the first two days then we become fat and lazy  :P. Maybe when FO Van Burren will be out someone will make a CO-OP script or something like that who knows :/
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 08:09:12 pm by raynor009 »

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2015, 09:17:06 pm »
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:19:19 pm by JovankaB »

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2015, 09:47:34 pm »
"Soon" is short for 2 years or more in FOnline language right :P

Offline Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2015, 11:10:19 pm »
OMNOMNOMNOM

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2015, 12:31:00 pm »
let's make open source fonline coop project or crowdfunding.

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2015, 10:30:47 pm »
Ok but let me lead the project, I have great idea.