Author Topic: Let's presume I want to play some FOnline... OH GOD THE SERVERS  (Read 31824 times)

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Let's presume I want to play some FOnline... OH GOD THE SERVERS
« on: January 18, 2015, 03:44:35 pm »
So, been kinda bored lately and have been wondering about getting back into FOnline. Then I noticed all the servers. Can anyone provide me with any insight on how they actually differ? I've heard a lot of servers don't have combat running enabled and stuff, but honestly researching all of this information is kind of a pain without actually playing. So, can anyone summarize the current servers that are like the old 2238, what's they key differences, etc.?

Thanks!
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Re: Let's presume I want to play some FOnline... OH GOD THE SERVERS
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 08:05:36 pm »
http://fodev.net/status/

I would like to suggest you play Reloaded because it based on good old 2238 with a lot of improvements, fixes and much more updates. The next interesting server is AoP which is totally different server, many changes to gameplay, weapons, mechanics etc.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 09:56:28 pm »
AoP kind of grabbed my attention from the few minutes of videos I saw. What's the general premise? More RPG-ish FOnline or is PvP still the main meat? Some of the features looked pretty juicy tho!

Regarding Reloaded and stuff. The thing I'm most confused about is that there's like 3 servers with the same premise, which is "Like 2238 but better!". Reloaded, FOnline 2 seem to be based around the same thing, let alone the projects that have yet to make any progress with the same idea (and hopefully they never do for reasons). Then there's TLA MKII which, albeit never have played TLA, seems to be fairly similar in some regards as well.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 10:03:00 pm »
Reloaded is based on orginal 223 stuff where fonline2 is different because it is modified tla you can feel it. Personally I prefer Reloaded because it... is 2238.

About AoP check their website and youtube channels or whatever they have.

http://fonline-aop.net/

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 10:51:01 pm »
Fastest way of looking up differences would be going to irc and asking questions there.
The only server I checked since 2238 was FOnline2, and that left bad taste in my mouth. Blame the wannabe mmorpg themepark angle they pursuing.
Supposedly the long ass name Ashes of Phoenix has a well developed pvp and combat mechanics, but that's just what I heard.
And Reloaded is for the people whom want to suffer through 2238 problems yet again.
There are few other less well known servers as well, but I know nothing about those.

None of servers really grab my attention as of yet.

If you are looking for RPGish experience, I don't know if you'll manage to find it on any of the servers.
All of them (servers) suffer from one problem or another, be it wannabe WoW themepark, mindless pursuit of pvp angle, simple lack of content or a bullshit systems enforced on players.

But as I said, go ask on irc channels, to each his own.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 10:59:08 pm by Wire »
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
irc V_guessWho

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 11:03:28 am »
And Reloaded is for the people whom want to suffer through 2238 problems yet again.

What problems? I don't see any problems from old 2238 in reloaded, everything was fixed and the game finally is not too much time consuming or annoying.

If you can't find perfect RPG you can wait for hexer's Van Buren.

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 09:13:33 pm »
Blame the wannabe mmorpg themepark angle they pursuing.

Oh, please. The game simply takes a more popular stand and is actually to some extent, becoming player friendly in terms of game-play. The server doesn't try to re-invent the wheel in a hipster fashion trying to make everything SO very unique (although the server stands out with their own unique solutions for convenient and fun game-play), but takes the proven values and the community requested suggestions to actually make it a better game. The server has basically appealed to players from just about all the communities so far.

That's progress.

FOnline 2 seem to be based around the same thing, let alone the projects that have yet to make any progress with the same idea (and hopefully they never do for reasons).

It's nothing remotely even close to 2238 or any of the other servers, except some copy paste dialogues from 2238 source.

Everything is custom made, the server was pretty much made from scratch. So it ain't no clone of any sort, this nonsense I heard when the FOnline2 was first announced. If I hear it now, there's something wrong with the player providing the same crap again.

Try FOnline2, you will not regret it. Just go read a couple of change-logs, maybe just the recent Wipe change-log here. The topic also shows changes done in the previous Wipe. If that doesn't grab your attention, I assure you that nothing will.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:20:10 pm by T-888 »

Offline Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 11:09:57 am »
Right now there is no good server to play.

Reloaded is in some way repaired 2238
Fonline 2, it's good but that progress stuff is just no fun and irritating, right now any interesting quest are blocked (yeah working content is blocked ) and oh that drama now :D because of that progression shit there is clearly more powerfull builds of others, previous session was better in my opinion
TLA mk2 most content from all of servers but if you want pvp uhh then you gonna need to have russian mindset waves of alt throwing at you till you drown in bodies, they throw out new content regulary fixes mechanic or quests, no runing not sure about balance of weapons now, and 90% community if not more is rus
Requiem, requiem is requiem you want pvp nonstop go there but learn rus as fast as you can ;p

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 07:03:32 pm »
Right now there is no good server to play.

Reloaded is in some way repaired 2238
Fonline 2, it's good but that progress stuff is just no fun and irritating, right now any interesting quest are blocked (yeah working content is blocked ) and oh that drama now :D because of that progression shit there is clearly more powerfull builds of others, previous session was better in my opinion
TLA mk2 most content from all of servers but if you want pvp uhh then you gonna need to have russian mindset waves of alt throwing at you till you drown in bodies, they throw out new content regulary fixes mechanic or quests, no runing not sure about balance of weapons now, and 90% community if not more is rus
Requiem, requiem is requiem you want pvp nonstop go there but learn rus as fast as you can ;p

I agree with what Perteks said. But in my opinion only thing that makes FO2 special is that it has those 50 more players on statistics than others. FOnline Reloaded in my opinion is currently best server for european players that like running in combat. Regarding russian developed servers I highly recommend starting your "adveture" with TLA and some friends. You won't be accepted to any bigger faction right away from joining, I know it from my own expirience of 2 years on TLA. Later on when u learn about walking in combat and basic camp/fight mechanics then I suggest going to Requiem / Goon Haven. People u see on stats (http://fodev.net/status/) are 100% players that now fight in some town - either for control or for nonstop gop. TLA may be harsh at begining as u will die from accualy.. everything and all the players would like u dead.. if u need help u can PM me I'll be happy to provide some. I currently play on Requiem and Reloaded but I also have characters and contacts with people on other servers.

Offline Perteks

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 11:58:02 pm »
Tla gonna be closed

Offline S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 01:11:55 am »
Reloaded - Enhanced version of 2238

FO2 - a huge grind fest, I honestly don't like it but only place to get some action. 15 AP +, 5 AP burst, people running faster than flash...meh...and the GL .exe is crap

AoP - amazing PvP server, super fun if there are 20 vs 20 battles. Sadly player base is low and not many players on. One thing I do hate is having to join a premade faction and being forced to play with unknown players.

I played TLA for about a day, wasn't my cup of tea  :-X

I honestly wish 2238 came back, or another version of it...where all players are on one server again so FOnline player numbers can be decent throughout the day (like a constant 100+)
Back In-Game :D

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 11:16:18 pm »
Tla gonna be closed
It's not certain yet.
Why?
"Too many humans, not enough space or resources to go around. The details are trivial and pointless, the reasons, as always, purely human ones."

Offline Perteks

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 08:37:36 pm »
I hope not, I always liked how much content that server had (outside that weapon balance was shitty :D not sure how its look now)
But it was something what I liked to come back to make those quests and pwn some guys(Till they drown me in bodies)

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 11:35:17 am »
Why guys are you going to close server? Don't do it because it's awesome server.