Author Topic: playing original fallout 1 and 2 content?  (Read 2522 times)

playing original fallout 1 and 2 content?
« on: January 21, 2015, 03:19:29 pm »
So lately I have been playing neverwinter nights with the wife in coop. Having a lot of fun going through one of my favorite games with her. I have been thinking it would be so fun to play fallout 1 and 2 coop with her as well.
Doing a little research on multiplayer fallout mods I ended up here. So while I love the mmo concept I really just want to play through the original fallout 1 and 2 content with her cooperatively. Is there any way to do this with fonline? Does anyone know of another mod or program I could use to do this? thanks for your time.

JovankaB

Re: playing original fallout 1 and 2 content?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 06:56:54 pm »
No, there isn't, because it would require reimplementing all the Fallout quests in FOnline. Nobody has done that. It would be a lot of work, even though maps and dialogs can be converted automatically to some extent the biggest problem is with scripts. In most servers you can visit original Fallout 2 maps, though they are changed to a varying degree and lack content from the original game.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:00:03 pm by JovankaB »

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 06:58:25 pm »
while all the maps and I guess most of the dialogue is plugged into fonline 2238, there is no actual coop server, which means no story and no quests. It wouldnt not require too much work, at least less than making a whole new mmo, to make a fallout 1+2 coop out of fonline, but so far nobody has done it yet. Though there might be some people secretly working on that.

JovankaB

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 07:06:33 pm »
It wouldnt not require too much work, at least less than making a whole new mmo, to make a fallout 1+2 coop out of fonline

I disagree, especially if you would like to make a faithful remake of original story and quests not some half-arsed version. The other question is if it would be playable in coop at all. But maybe some day someone will prove me wrong.

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 11:55:02 pm »
I disagree, especially if you would like to make a faithful remake of original story and quests not some half-arsed version. The other question is if it would be playable in coop at all. But maybe some day someone will prove me wrong.
well, I said in comparison to a starting a new mmo project. If you just half arse the ammo project then yeah, but I'm just thinking, if those 2 years spent on aop for example would have been spent on on making a coop fonline, it would be pretty good.

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 11:04:44 pm »
Hello stranger!

You know there is not any coop version but you can host server on your pc and play with your wife. Just download Fonline 2238 files, run server, create accounts and play. There are few quests, dungeons, crafting you can have fun without being killed by player killers. :)