Author Topic: Need Help with editing some simple Tiles  (Read 6276 times)

Re: Need Help with editing some simple Tiles
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 01:12:16 pm »
Instead of alpha channel try to use solid blue color for transparency (RGB:  0, 0, 255)

yeah i figured that out but im wondering some devs said that cvet removed that 0 0 255 blue in future SDK for transparancy , but i thought that lisaac said that its still working if the bitrate is 8 bit , dunno what i should think of it :D

JovankaB

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2014, 02:36:46 pm »
No idea then. In the worst case you can try to convert it to FRM.

Offline lisac2k

• Rotator
  • Uncle Pyro
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2014, 09:09:09 pm »
yeah i figured that out but im wondering some devs said that cvet removed that 0 0 255 blue in future SDK for transparancy , but i thought that lisaac said that its still working if the bitrate is 8 bit , dunno what i should think of it :D

For the sake of compatibility with older games (Fallout 1/2) and their formats (FRM) the support for 8-bit graphics and the per-pixel-transparency was/will never be removed. It shall always be a part of the SDK and the FOnline Engine. Currently it works fine, along with the support for advanced formats with the transparency defined in a layer, e.g. PNG.

Please be aware that some FRMs made by Black Isle Studios were rendered on a blue (0,0,255) background with anti-aliasing on, causing the black artifacts on edges. I think some chairs have this problem, you may want to check them out yourself in order to understand the issue.

Basically, there are two approaches to the issue of custom made graphics:
1) FRM: be sure to turn off anti-aliasing during rendering and check out the background transparency colour during conversion
2) PNG: can be rendered with or w/o anti-aliasing, no conversion needed

I would advise against BMP format due to its size and bad flexibility, try to avoid it - if possible. PM me if you need any help.