Author Topic: Need Help with editing some simple Tiles  (Read 6272 times)

Need Help with editing some simple Tiles
« on: October 22, 2014, 03:25:34 am »
Hi guys i was tryin to mak a tile which connect the road06 and road07 tiles , my problem now is that my edited tile is much brighter than the other ones and i dont know why .

i have converted the original .FRM from the master.dat to .PNG files ,to edit them . i have edited them with gimp exported in .PNG and now have the problem with the brightness .

here is a screenshot : http://www11.pic-upload.de/22.10.14/1tala85tw33.jpg

JovankaB

Re: Need Help with editing some simple Tiles
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 09:04:31 am »
Most likely the FRM->PNG converter made it too bright, because of wrong palette or wrong light level. Try another converter or check if there is an option for light level in the one you use. For another converter, I suggest to try Titanium FRM Browser, you can right click image brosed by it to save the FRM file in another format:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1369

As far as I remember it worked OK for me.

Second posiblity is that Gimp does something with the colors due to wrong color management settings (if it has any).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 09:35:54 am by JovankaB »

Offline Rikers

• pixel nazi
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 10:59:04 am »
Yeah, most likely gimp issue. I recommend using titanium frm browser for saving as bmp, then photoshop & pallette for editing, then converting back to frm with frame animator or pixote's tile cutter - it always works fine for me. Oh yeah, and save the edited gfx as gif (if you want to convert them back to frm that is), strange things happen when using png's.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:02:47 am by Rikers »

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 11:10:43 pm »
thx guys , also do somebody have a working color palette file from fallout for adobe photoshop cs2 ?

JovankaB

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 12:48:11 pm »
thx alot , yeah ive managed to get it done with the new converter , looks good ... thx for your help ladies and gents

looks pretty legite to mme :P

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 04:53:02 pm by FrankenStone »

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 06:10:15 am »
ok now i have new problem , i made new 4 tiles for roof , i named them lvl061, 062 and so on but when i try to find them in lvl folder i only fin one , the first one ... any one can help me how to get the other ones to work ?

JovankaB

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 11:15:00 am »
Check my answers in this thread:
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,29388.msg

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 11:57:25 pm »
never mind ive figured out that i named the tiles wrong instead of levl i named them lvl xD

JovankaB

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 02:31:11 pm »
The prefixes for roof and floor tabs (and proto ids for other tabs) are defined in tabs.cfg file.

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 06:09:16 pm »
any chance to mod that Slime tiles ? because when i save them as bmp from masterdata they have white holes in it where i suppose are animated pixels are , any chance to edit that slime tiles ? because no matter with which programm i open that frame i always get that blank pixels in it ...

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 05:38:27 pm »
ok i see that animated pixels are hardcoded :/ well i have another question , some of scenery stuff ive done and tiles have blue color around them when i zoom on them , anyone one why thats happening because it should be transparent at least , its just one sorrounding line when i zoom in ...

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 05:36:43 am »
It's a transparent graphic issue. The only way to get around of it is to change the blue transparent part of the image to e.g. black (black color where the alpha channel parts are). Then the borders will be black ingame, but at least it looks better than the blue color.

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 05:28:34 pm »
so there is now way to pretend this because other tiles i made looking perfect without even a colored outline , also how to change color of that transparacy alpha channel ? im using GIMP
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 05:43:25 pm by FrankenStone »

JovankaB

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2014, 06:25:13 pm »
Instead of alpha channel try to use solid blue color for transparency (RGB:  0, 0, 255)