Author Topic: Wasteland 2[SPOLIER]  (Read 11057 times)

Wasteland 2[SPOLIER]
« on: September 25, 2014, 04:12:30 am »
Has any of you played Wasteland 2 yet? I just finished the game and I was wondering if there is a way to save the ranger citadel or at least continue playing after the main quest is done.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 02:50:43 am by raynor009 »

Re: Wasteland 2
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 01:27:49 pm »
yeah I have but didin't get that far. thanks for the spoiler  >:(

Re: Wasteland 2
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 02:50:27 am »
Sorry about that, should've mentioned spoiler in the title... my bad..

Anyway I'm on my second replay and there are so many things that I missed... also can't wait for the modding tools to get released. I would love to add new locations, quests, items etc.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: Wasteland 2[SPOLIER]
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 05:40:48 am »
Modding the game probably won't be easy. As far as I can see, the maps probably are full of triggers and scripts on every corner.

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 02:51:22 am »
Well... I have already kinda of modded the game.. ;D I used a hex editor to edit Army Issue Backpack stats so I can carry more.
Of course it might be a bit difficult, but if their modding tools will be anything like Bethe$da's GECK or something like that then it shouldn't be difficult... although that's just me and wishful thinking. They're probably going to release(if ever) something like a plugin for unity and go from there...

Or just decompile Assembly-CSharp.dll and you can modify the game from there. Create your own ingame cheat menu's and so on.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 02:56:11 am by raynor009 »

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 07:39:30 pm »
Is it worth buy Wasteland 2? Is ot fixed and recommended community mods?

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 08:24:49 am »
Is it worth buy Wasteland 2? Is ot fixed and recommended community mods?
There is no significant modifications yet. But you can change stuff with tools for unity engine games. And no, it doesn't worth to buy unless you want to pay to be a beta tester. And this game may remain "beta" forever. It reminds me The Fall: Last Days Of Gaia, and even this one was better in many ways...

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 10:58:45 am »
What are you smoking. This game is not a beta, it is very playable. The only reason to maybe still wait a bit is for the release of the new enhanced version- but this one doesn't have a release date yet.

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 06:15:08 pm »
He means Wasteland 2 is STILL a buggy piece of crap.

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 06:53:14 pm »
He means Wasteland 2 is STILL a buggy piece of crap.

Buggy? I bought it right after it got released for 10$. I played it just fine, no crashes, no weird glitches. I'm planning to play it again after Directors Cut gets released to see what's new.

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2015, 07:11:34 pm »
Buggy? I bought it right after it got released for 10$. I played it just fine, no crashes, no weird glitches. I'm planning to play it again after Directors Cut gets released to see what's new.
There is still bugs, like crashes on encounters. But this is not what i am talking about. Whole game looks unfinished, and visually it looks like ten years old game with a couple of new shaders. If people says devs crowd sourced assets, then it explains a lot. If that's not true - they are just lazy f**ks. Well, i guess that's ok for a free game or mod, but not for a commercial product. And you mentioned "extended versions" and "director cuts" guys, this is a cancer of modern game development. How many indi devs do that shit? But this guys decided to act like fat-ass publishers. Horrible.

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2015, 09:53:24 pm »
Pillars of Eternity (design, gameplay, assests) > Wasteland 2. For me W2 looks very ugly, I can't stand that game and if you ask me... I haven't bought and played yet. Voiddweller is right the game looks like not finished.

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 08:17:00 pm »
People who bought the W2+W1 get the directors edition for free. Consider this  as  a remaster. They want to make the game work with unity 5 which has some pretty nice features.

Pillars of Eternity (design, gameplay, assests) > Wasteland 2. For me W2 looks very ugly, I can't stand that game and if you ask me... I haven't bought and played yet. Voiddweller is right the game looks like not finished.

If you haven't tried it yet then don't talk shit about it. I think it's a fun game, a little short granted but it's fun and has great replay value.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:19:00 pm by raynor009 »