Author Topic: Interview: The new Van Buren  (Read 10354 times)

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Interview: The new Van Buren
« on: June 15, 2014, 01:00:09 pm »
Van Buren is a FOnline engine based project that aims to recreate the very first Fallout 3 that was once started by Black Isle, but had never been allowed to see the light of the day. Of course we are curious about the project, and team leader Hexer has been kind enough to answer some of our questions!

What's the current status of the project and why did you decide to actually make this game?
At the moment we are working hard to bring all the locations to life with new art and maps. The amount of new art is staggering as some locations require art pieces never before seen in a Fallout game. In these 6 months we have finished about 40% of the game. I predict that we will mainly be busy with maps and art this entire year (2014) but we are steadily pushing forward on other areas (writing, music, and gameplay).

My personal reason for deciding to make this game is that today's CRPGs can't hold my attention the way older ones did.
I was losing interest in CRPGs and became frustrated with the fact that I might never play a game like Fallout 1 or 2 again in my life. So I decided to do something about it and canceled Van Buren was the closest thing to what I wanted to play. And here I am today, developing it with other 40 people.

Read the full interview over here and see the thread on our forum here.

Links:
Van Buren interview
Thread on fodev.net
ModDB Profile
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 01:04:47 pm by Lexx »

Re: Interview: The new Van Buren
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 01:03:47 pm »
Never thought this project will accualy survive till today.. I am amazed..

Re: Interview: The new Van Buren
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 10:37:34 am »
Yes it sounds really good.  8) I hope they will finish it and we will play next Fallout game. ;)