Author Topic: gun sounds in native linux client  (Read 2849 times)

gun sounds in native linux client
« on: August 29, 2014, 07:03:53 pm »
The native linux client works, but I dont have gunshot or reloading sounds. All other sounds and music play fine, but shooting a gun or reloading it plays no sound. Has anyone come across this or have any potential ideas to fix, or to get closer to root of problem?

PS I am talking about the linux binary included in Fonline2 download, in case a new one has been made since

JovankaB

Re: gun sounds in native linux client
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 07:36:38 pm »
Do you have the sound files packed in original Fallout 2 master.dat?
I don't have Linux but my first guess would be a bug related to Linux filenames being case sensitive.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 07:41:11 pm by JovankaB »

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 08:04:19 pm »
I'm using the fallout.dat provided with the 'full' download. I do have a master.dat on my other computer. I'm pretty sure I actually tried using it but had same problem, but can't fully recall. I also tried unpacking the dat and putting the files in data/ but it changed nothing.

The thing about case-sensitive filenames is interesting, but are shooting/reloading the only ones with caps/lowercase? Because all other sounds and music do appear to work.

Do you happen to know the filenames in question (shooting all types of guns, reloading/unloading all types of guns)? Should I try unpacking fallout.dat and renaming all sounds to lowercase? Any help appreciated.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 07:17:08 pm »
At least partial fix for Linux client weapon sounds:

Unpack sounds directory from master.dat / fonline.dat

You'll need ie. wine and DAT2 program:
http://www.nma-fallout.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=661

(All other from http://www.nma-fallout.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=27 are fine too).

Once you have unpacked the files move the contents of sound/SFX to data/sound/sfx (all lowercase)
Then cd to data/sound/sfx and link all upper-case files in lower-case. You can use this command for this (in data/sound/sfx directory)

Code: [Select]
for f in *; do ln -s "$f" "`echo $f | tr '[:upper:]' '[:lower:]'`"; done

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 06:51:48 pm »
works, thank you so much!!!