Author Topic: fonline.exe source?  (Read 4394 times)

fonline.exe source?
« on: August 18, 2014, 05:03:49 pm »
Good day everybody,

Sorry if I get it wrong - but can I actually find the source code of fonline.exe (client side) itself? and not the scripts?
Would like to experiment with it a bit - should be fun in my learning process.

Would appreciate any help

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
Re: fonline.exe source?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 05:48:23 pm »
Nop.
FOnline is still closed-source and most likely will stay like that.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Offline lisac2k

• Rotator
  • Uncle Pyro
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 06:36:49 pm »
The FOnline source has been developed under a proprietary license, owned by A. 'Cvet' Cvetinskiy.

The FOnline SDK has its own license, explained under http://fonline.ru/license.html (not sure where the English version of the license is to be found, maybe within the SDK).

JovankaB

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 08:49:16 pm »
Here is some super-old version from 2004-2007: https://github.com/alexknvl/fonline

Apparently alexknvl cleaned it up a bit and fixed errors.

From the source code it looks like it used to be a team effort, but the team must have
been disbanded early on. There is quite a lot of Cvet code there and I wouldn't be too
surprised if some scraps of it was still in FOnline.

It should be pretty obvious that it has very little to do with "modern FOnline" made
by Cvet (you can't even open doors), but if you think about open source, it may (?)
be a good starting point, don't hold your breath for open sourcing the current one.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:07:22 am by JovankaB »

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 09:09:23 pm »
Lol nice, I would like to know more about history development of fonline engine.

Anyway I think cvet doesn't make open source fonline because he creates commercial game last frontier online. I saw this video ago and it looks amazing for mobile devices fonline/games but it is too early...

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 09:40:43 pm »
thanks a lot! really usefull!