Author Topic: Source code conspiracy  (Read 8999 times)

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
Re: Source code conspiracy
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 08:08:46 am »
according to what messages i posted on that thread ...

JovankaB was saying : http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,29631.msg259907.html#msg259907

about version 428 i'll be abble to get version 0428-XX...

but how the client of fo2 (Starting FOnline (version 0438-F8)...) and AoP (Starting FOnline (version 0436-F7)...) get this version if it ended in rev 428 ...

I'm curious now what you'll found to tell i'm in wrong way :D...

where i can find its version of fonline sdk? ;)

I did not say you will get version 0428-XX. I said you will get a version number
like this 0XXX-XX. Before rev-429 the left part of the version number wasn't
the same as FOnline SDK revision number. It was always higher. Maybe it was
the revision of the engine repository, I don't know.

That doesn't change the fact that you can get the same binaries with the same
version numbers as other projects have, if you downgrade your copy of SDK to
the revision they use. You can do it in TortoiseSVN with "Update to revision"
option. I'm sure other SVN clients have something similar too.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:58:27 am by JovankaB »

Offline adumbperson

• Turn around in orbit!
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2014, 09:10:12 am »
according to that thread : http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,29628.0.html

I did an update of the sdk(455 now) and now i have no glitches ...
I'm crawling slowly but surely in AS scripts...
I'll have many questions to answer, soon, if you are disposed to help an enthusiast of fonline.
How did I end in delivery with that kind of log about me... my god... I no sure it were a good idea to read my log... ~suicide -2022/05/18-

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 02:03:45 am »
I think Fo2 and AoP can take this as compliment, hearing that people doesn't believe those 2 servers could be done on normal SDK :D

Something tells me that this person is also called Awaxx.

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2014, 11:00:05 am »
Lol what do you mean "normal sdk"? There is only fonline engine, no any other engines and all projects (2238 too) is based on it, heavy modified or not, only versions and custom scripts is different.

AoP and fo2 could take this as "compliment" if they build games on their own engines if fonline tla & 2238 never released :)

Offline adumbperson

• Turn around in orbit!
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2014, 02:48:10 pm »
I think Fo2 and AoP can take this as compliment, hearing that people doesn't believe those 2 servers could be done on normal SDK :D

Something tells me that this person is also called Awaxx.

Hello Wesan,

At all i'm not hiding my ass, (i could) but same [ip]...

I'm unmasked now... afraid

Best regards, Awaxx.
How did I end in delivery with that kind of log about me... my god... I no sure it were a good idea to read my log... ~suicide -2022/05/18-

Offline adumbperson

• Turn around in orbit!
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2014, 09:29:13 pm »
According to the lasts post ...
I don't find any client with version 0436-F7 or 0438-F8 on the svn xp-dev.com...
Normal sdk you said... where's the combo server/client 0436-F7 and 0438-F8 please?

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 12:16:12 am »
Lidae told you which revision they use. Go read some SVN tutorial.

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2014, 12:27:24 am »
I don't find any client with version 0436-F7 or 0438-F8 on the svn xp-dev.com...
SDK r412 is client's 0438-F8, and that's what FOnline2 uses. Can we cut that silly talk now?
And i remember this number well due to fact that r413 introduces changes which FOnline2 devs doesn't want to introduce (at least for now).

Just to clarify, and for people digging about FOnline history:
Old version format used for server and client, XXXX-YY, was describing application version (XXXX) and protocol version (YY).

Application version changed whenever it got important changes (script function added or removed, feature changed or deprecated, specific bugs fixed, etc). That part was independent, server and client always had it different, since SDK has been released~

Protocol version changed whenever client<->server communication changed in any way, like for example sending login data has been changed to UTF (see infamous r400). To be able to connect to server, protocol version had to match on both server and client. It wasn't possible to connect with XXXX-FA client to XXXX-FB server.

To bring even more confusion, both version parts wasn't guaranteed to increase one by one. It was made for internal use, and could "jump" a bit between SDK revisions, if more changes/fixes happened before them. Finding proper revision having version signature only wasn't as easy as it should be as well.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Offline adumbperson

• Turn around in orbit!
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2014, 12:39:45 am »
Thx JovankaB and Wipe i'm fine now.
Sorry if i was a bit agressive but i got many glitches with the last revision... I was about to become mad.

Time to merge my first modifs..

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2014, 12:22:22 am »
I got another conspiracy ! All servers use smf ! Evil..
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 12:24:03 am by Koniko »

Offline Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2014, 06:46:10 pm »
I got another conspiracy ! All servers use smf ! Evil..
Most forum software is PHP - another evil conspiracy :)