Author Topic: FOnline Forever [Your opinion matters!]  (Read 40819 times)

Re: FOnline Forever [Your opinion matters!]
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2017, 03:20:22 pm »
Wipe will be first of july 2017 (Start of actual season 1)
Changelog coming soon.

Forever will be hard and true wasteland. If you like challenge and not to get bored after a week by having best gear in the game, this is place for you.

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2017, 11:35:03 pm »
Wipe full changelog first of july 2017 (Start of actual season 1)

FOnline Forever will be a true wasteland, high tier items will be hard to get, and new player driven economy with market and crafting system make sure players can earn actual caps with crafting.
If you like a challenge and not getting bored after a week by having best gear the game can offer, then this is place for you.

Character Mechanics changes

Implant system
Implants and slot system is a new feature, it allows you to boost your stats or give some special abilities.
Only one modification can be implanted at once. A character is able to have only one implant per slot installed, there is 4 slots.
Slots: 1. Defensive, 2 Medical, 3 Support and 4 Attribute.

Level cap is 40, SP and HP gains reduced by 50% after level 30.

Reduced starting HP to 60 before SPECIAL

Crafting Overhaul

Crafting overhaul will add several new workstations like ammunition presser for ammo making etc, resource collecting will be much more important than ever before.

Lots of new resources and much more complex crafting recipes.

No safe mines anymore, resources can be found in mountain encounter maps and caves.

Electronic ammo manufacturer. Needed for non gunpowder based ammunition.

Ammo presser. Needed for tier 1 and 2 gunpowder based ammunition.

Advanced ammo presser. Needed for tier 3 and 4 gunpowder based ammunition.

Forge. Needed for smelting ores, steel etc.

Small Arms Assembler, needed for some advanced SG

Heavy Weapons Assembler, needed for some advanced BG

Energy Weapons Assembler, needed for some advanced EW

Armor Assembler, needed for some advanced armor

Generic Assembler

Chemistry Station

Robotics Assembler, create robotics items and followers

New Items

Weapons
Added Broken Bottle, Iron Pipe, Micro Sledge, Sapper, Razorclaw, and Machete added. Micro Sledge, Sapper, Razorclaw, Machete
Added Boomerang, Chakram, Dart, Shuriken, Deco-Filament, and Lacerator.
Smoke Grenade added
Tear Gas added
New ammo types: .44 AP, .50 Cal DU, 50 Cal Beowulf, 9mm AP, 9mm JHP, 7.62mm AP

Skill Changes
Gambling skill is replaced with Speculation skill, it will cover all luck based stuff currently in a game.

New Features

Market system
The market can be used by players to buy and sell items.
Players can place items on sale for other players to buy. When the transaction is fulfilled the buyer receives the goods immediately, and the seller receives the payment next time they visit the market.
Players can also place buy orders for certain items. In these cases the buyer decides the price and amount.

New perks
Comprehension, Flower Child, Voracious Reader, Up and Close, Self-Experimentation, Marksman, Old World Gourmet, Way Of The Fruit, And Stay Back, Shotgun Surgeon, cyborg.

More Ranged Damage is replaced with Center of Mass

Brutal Weapon Perk added. Brutal weapons have their critical damage multiplier increased by 1 on all criticals.

Suppressive Weapon Perk causes a short inability to run on targets hit by a burst who fail a Luck roll.

Suppressive Weapon Perk added to: AK47, PKM, M2, G36, Uzi, M16

Barret changed to Scoped, many weapons gained perks

Miner for Life: You have spent your life in mines. You are strong, but you seem to be always little behind the others. You get a 15% bonus to Close Combat and Speculation, +10 to melee damage and increased carry weight, but have a -2 penalty to Agility and attacks cost 1 more AP.

Perk Changes

Strong Back, Snakeater, Rad Resistance, Pickpocket, Pack Rat, Light Step, Magnetic Personality, Master Thief, Educated, and Demolition Expert have been changed to level perks.

Removed Even Tougher; added Cyborg.

Removed Dodger+, Healer+, Heave Ho!!, HtH Evade+, and Even More Criticals.

Trait Changes

Chem Reliant works as in Fallout 2

Bloody mess replaced by Miner for Life trait

Good Nature changed ( You get 15% bonus to First Aid, Doctor, Barter, Speech and Repair skills, but get 15% penalty to all fighting skills.

Game Mechanics

Poison

Instead of maxing out at a certain point and applying the damage instantly the max poison level is higher than usual.  the more poison you have the faster the time between damage (this caps after a few hundred poison) and the more damage you take each time. you also loose poison faster since damage is based on poison lost. Basically the more poison you have the faster it processes

Bursting Weapons
At 1-hex all of the burst has a chance to hit the prime target; at one third of maximum range and beyond only one third of the burst does. The remaining rounds go left or right and the transition is smooth across distance, for example around two thirds of the burst has a chance to hit the prime target at one sixth of maximum range. This spread does not apply to 12 gauge and .223 ammo type weapons.
For each line failed hits are checked against the next nearest critter in the line until a target is hit or there are no targets in the line to check.
Burst damage is reduced to 90% of normal, after DT/DR calculations.
The maximum success chance is 90%, not 95% (to simulate the “streamlined roll” in PnP and balance things)
Bursts get a penalty of -2% to hit per hex from the target.
Miniguns are no longer “Accurate” and get “Rapid Fire”, a new weapon perk that halves the burst accuracy penalty.
Burst criticals no longer work different from other critical calculations, which gave bursts higher than average crits and accuracy. A master crit roll determines whether 50% of the bullets crit and what, if any, special effects from the table are applied. The remaining 50% of bullets check for critical damage only, individually and independent of the master roll.

One Hexing is still the most effective damage wise, but somewhat reduced from before. Short range attacks can be almost as devastating. Medium range attacks with good skill can land many more bullets on one target under this system, making them a decent choice. Long range attacks are most affected by the burst penalty and will scatter rounds on other targets. Miniguns in particularly keep to nearly 1-hex effectiveness for a good distance thanks to their new perk but no longer have an accuracy bonus at close range

Overdose system
Addictive chems add 50 + 3 x addiction chance overdose points when used. 10 overdose points are healed every time HP regen occurs. At 500 overdose and higher there is a chance of becoming Overdosed when using chems. Overdosed characters take damage over time; Overdosed can be healed with Doctor but this does not reduce overdose points. At 1000 overdose and higher there is a chance of becoming knocked out when using chems. At 1500 overdose and higher there is a chance of dying when using chems. Chem Resistant halves overdose points from addictive chems.

Fixes

Fixed some bugs on encounter maps (inert trees, missing cliff wall)
Fixed bugged gas station map
Fixed issues with projectile explosions, animations and ammo consumption. Also throwable explosion problems are now fixed.
Afterburner addiction text fixed
Faction making fixed
Fixed Grab All at Hex for picking up Flint and the graphic.
Fix encounter spawn bugs (item always doubling at same loc) and improved code
Fixed trap spread on encounter spawn and added variety
Fixed PID issue with new weapons
Fixed Desert Combat Armor bug
Fixed Desert Hunter Encounter bug
Dungeon locker and vendor re-spawns fixed
Fixed rare spawn rate on ruin lockers
Force Field disrupting fixed
Fixed bug with many non-attack damage sources
Marksman Fixed
Quick Pockets no longer makes Rapid Reload useless.
Followers now properly fight other players
DU Ammo DR reduction reduced to 50% and weight increased
Afterburner addiction text fixed
Faction making fixed.

Other things

Removed armor piercing from basic (red) 12 gauge ammo.
Fast Reload works as intended.
Quick Pockets reduces AP cost for non-reload inventory use actions.
All thrown spears do the same damage as when used in melee.
There is now chance to get Wooden Crate spawn in encounters, what can contain wide range of items and gear.
Str Melee damage bonus doubled
Melee weapons that can't be thrown are all deterioratable and can have properties.
NCR reworked  and new quest added in NCR
Bounty Manager added in NCR.
Bursts using 12 gauge and .223 ammo have their lack of spread restored (shotguns, LSW, Bozar)
Bursts now have trouble shooting over targets
Loot increased in many areas and new items added to loot lists
Chem effects rebalanced, comedown and addiction are now in effect.
Healing powders apply -1 PE but the effect is not cumulative.
Caravan members are acting now like NCR/Ranger patrols etc.
first version of poor quality weapon damage decrease system added.
Some new graphics added.
AP reduction property for weapons enabled; bigger max range boost available
Increased sight range
new damage stats: Concussed, Winded
Reduced overall book cap to 40 books

And of course this is not the end of development for the server. More update are to expected in the future.

- Fonline Forever development team

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2017, 10:16:54 am »
Good to hear that server is updating. Good luck guys with further updates! :)

Offline Slowhand

• Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2017, 07:26:23 pm »
Hey, gratz on the server. Started 2014 July, finished 2017 July, 3 years of not giving up, that's a feat!

I checked it out. It seems to be more for PVP, but it's a start, maybe they add some more quests with time.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 11:28:04 am by Slowhand »

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2017, 04:40:34 am »
I am amazed by some of the changes you have made in your server. this market idea where you can buy items look especially interesting.

I think you should listen to what Wichura said. It's kinda what fonline in general lacks. A cohesive team united by a charismatic leader with a precise  idea, a project.

Ideas are good in fonline2 especially in the way they handle PvP mechanics (last time i checked 2years ago each bullet had chance to crit), and the way they reduced the world map size wich always annoyed me in the reloaded server.

I have not checked other servers but you can surely find good ideas elsewhere.

Major issue is I absolutly do not see any point at all to make your own server since we all know the community is basically split between reloaded and fonline2 (Unless it has changed).

If you are familiar with reloaded source then why you and your (obviously) talented team of modders didn't join the reloaded team?
In a community that small you really think that more servers with 10 players is the way to go?

I do not know how the developers of this community are feeling toward each others but as always ego problems seems like the answer. looks to me that A who disagree with B's server, leave make his own server. And B is encouraging A to go just to laugh to see how  hard he will fail. 

Here are my thoughts on this project. A waste of talents.
Take it as brutal honesty.

Offline Slowhand

• Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2017, 10:22:13 am »
I am amazed by some of the changes you have made in your server. this market idea where you can buy items look especially interesting.

I think you should listen to what Wichura said. It's kinda what fonline in general lacks. A cohesive team united by a charismatic leader with a precise  idea, a project.

Ideas are good in fonline2 especially in the way they handle PvP mechanics (last time i checked 2years ago each bullet had chance to crit), and the way they reduced the world map size wich always annoyed me in the reloaded server.

I have not checked other servers but you can surely find good ideas elsewhere.

Major issue is I absolutly do not see any point at all to make your own server since we all know the community is basically split between reloaded and fonline2 (Unless it has changed).

If you are familiar with reloaded source then why you and your (obviously) talented team of modders didn't join the reloaded team?
In a community that small you really think that more servers with 10 players is the way to go?

I do not know how the developers of this community are feeling toward each others but as always ego problems seems like the answer. looks to me that A who disagree with B's server, leave make his own server. And B is encouraging A to go just to laugh to see how  hard he will fail. 

Here are my thoughts on this project. A waste of talents.
Take it as brutal honesty.

To be honest, I do not believe that Reloaded or FO2 need any more coders... content is generated by mappers/quest writers. Did I miss the added 50 new quest and 10 dungeons in the change log? FOnline development is about having an idea how the system should be and coding it urself, because no one else will do it the way you want it. That is why people don't join already existing teams, instead they start their own little dream.

Every FOnline project is a waste of talents, but some people still like to do it. If the pop splits, it splits.

« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2017, 02:31:35 pm »
To be honest, I do not believe that Reloaded or FO2 need any more coders... content is generated by mappers/quest writers. Did I miss the added 50 new quest and 10 dungeons in the change log? FOnline development is about having an idea how the system should be and coding it urself, because no one else will do it the way you want it. That is why people don't join already existing teams, instead they start their own little dream.
On the other hand, there are no announcements about hiring coders, mappers, content editors, writers, etc... ;)

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2017, 11:29:03 am »
Recent changelog 22.11.2017

Changed first aid timeout formula - 30 - SKILL/13 --> 15 seconds with 200 skill/ 7 seconds with medic perk.

Added bandage modifier for healing, added chance to remove KO with DOC/2% + Medic Perk*50%, tweaked DOC cooldowns --> 20% of max CD for each limb heal roll, 20% for KO removing, 1% for each 1% bandage level removed.
Bandage is being applied when healing occurs and decays over time --> 3 seconds = 1% bandage point
Bandage decreases healing amount by its % level, 75% bandaged - 25% of heal roll will apply etc, bandage applies in heal/maxHP as % value. Bandage can be bypassed by Blessed Are The Weak by 50% of its current value, allowing to heal individuals with 100% and higher bandage levels.
Medic perk halving the DOC and FA cooldowns, and also adding 50% chance to remove KO from a target with doctor skill.

Added global world events, currently 4 types and those are public
First one is Relatively easy cave location with black scorpions on it and some loot above NCR.
Second one is a Broken Hills caravan being ambushed by unknown mercenary group somewhere around Broken Hills - New Reno route, the hardest event currently, with money and craft materials can be found  in the caravan boxes(130 lockpick skill)
Third one is gangs trying to trade some goods on Golgotha, around New Reno, mostly Small guns mobs, quite challenging even using combat drugs, loot is money and some drugs(130 lockpick skill required)
The last one is Raiders attacking random Northern City, a bit harder than the scorpions lair.

Added random loot spawning in Cities Locations inside various containers. Currently Lockers, Footlockers, Ice chests and Wooden chests are spawning loot.
Added Fire/Plasma burning damage and Bleeding damage. Plasma burning is applied by any plasma based weaponry at 100% ratio, burning for 1/4 of current burn level, decreased by plasma resistance.
 Fire burning is applied at % ratio taken from the ammo, burning for 1/5 of current burn level, decreased by fire resistance.
 Bleed is applied at % ratio taken from the ammo, bleeding by 1/4 of current bleed level as pure damage.
 Those damaging effects have floating damage values above critters with their own colours (Red for bleed, orange for fire, green for plasma). Each tick time is 2 seconds for all of these.

Ammo modifiers added
 Bleed : 44.JHP as 35%, 10MM JHP as 50%, Frag Grenades as 30% , Explosive Rockets as 50%, 12.GA Flechette Shells as 40%
 Fire  : Flamethrower Fuel mk1 as 20%, Flamethrower Fuel mk2 as 30%, 12.GA Fire Breath Shells as 45%

Added geiger counter cracking when a player is exposed to radiation.
Added irradiation from uranium ore and refined uranium ore if you hold it inside your inventory, the more ore you carry the harder the radiation ticks.
Added silver/golden gecko pelts selling to Balthas in Modoc via dialog(25 and 35 caps each), added uranium ore selling for 130 caps each at Zaius in BH.

Doctor now heals bleeding, formula is random (1,Skill), bypassing cooldowns for this one.
Doctor now heals bandage differently, formula is random (1,skill/2), 1% of doc cooldown for each bandage healed.
Bandage healing now gives XP, 1 exp for each point.
Ko removing with doctor now grants 50 xp.

Added traps-science-repair inventory shotcuts, click with arrow mouse and hold numeric buttons on keyboard, 4 for traps, 7 for science and 8 for repair

Thrown grenades are now have their explosion delay modified by strength + Heave ho perk(aka fly time) (200ms per hex distance - (ST+HEAVE_HOx2)x10)

- Fonline Forever development team
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2018, 07:07:21 pm »
Latest changelog 11.01.2018

Craft table now should support every recipe as dismantle base.
Dismantle formula boosted
The old formula is - 10% of getting a resource from craft recipe, 20% with dismantler.
The new formula is - Science*0.2% *(1 + Dismantler perk) up to 60% of getting an item using craft table recipe with 150 science and dismantler.
Dungeons items spawning shouldn't stack anymore.
City treasures spawning in containers now spawn randomly deteriorated items.
Starting weapon is defined by tagged weapon skill.
Mobs can now drop better quality weapons and armors with random properties, currently (1-100 + killer Speculation skill/10 >= 90)
Ammo reverse-crafting added
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 03:55:36 pm by Fettel »

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2018, 05:09:43 pm »
Quick update

Fonline Forever team is looking for anyone who is interested working on the development of our server.

Best way to contact us is in our discord server https://discord.gg/4xYT7F or directly with private messaging me or Ravenis.

As we have declared from the very beginning our team is very open to new suggestions and improvements in our game so anybody just feel free to leave comments for further improvements of the fonline forever.

I know that this might sound bit like advertising but just wanted to get let you guys know that we are still alive and developing the game.

- Fonline Forever team

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2018, 10:55:47 pm »

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2018, 09:33:57 pm »
Quite interesting stuff you have made.

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2018, 08:18:31 pm »
Hello everyone!
Here we go for another devblog issue.
Check this out: http://fonline.hadelmia.com/forums/index.php?topic=3114.0

8)

« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2018, 07:01:23 pm »
I'm interested in game mechanism related to drug side effects. Could you share more information about it?