Author Topic: Animated art  (Read 5322 times)

Re: Animated art
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 08:18:11 am »
Talking heads will be missed. I presume you could put an animated FRM inside the dialog at least?

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 08:45:19 am »
No idea, never tested this. It probably works, but I would use the FOnline fofrm format for animations. You don't have to use any frm files at all (which is good, because working with frm files is a pain).

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 08:15:06 pm »
Desert Europe has avatars in dialogs

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 09:31:49 pm »
fonliner, thanks for the idea. We have many portraits so maybe we will use this together with talking heads :)

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2014, 02:13:53 pm »
No problem but tell me what exactly your avatars will work and look? Are you going to implement talking heads with animations and sound? And do you want to use static avatars something like these from desert europe? :D Please make more updates, upload arts or screenshots.

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2014, 07:23:28 pm »
I will make more updates but now I'm too busy making new art - I presume in the end there will be around 3,000 new art files in this game. Once I put it in the game, I will release lots of screenshots. Don't worry.

We're not sure how our talking heads & portraits will work but talking heads will be voiced!

Offline lisac2k

• Rotator
  • Uncle Pyro
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 10:48:43 am »
Not anymore, starting from revision 413. Not sure why, blue indeed was better than alpha.
I guess this applies to BMP as well, as long as they are 24-bit.

@hexer:
Indexed (8-bit) formats should work with RGB (0,0,255), this includes GIFs as well. However, I would advise against the GIF format. The best option is to go with FRM (if you want to achieve a low-fi Fallout 1/2 style) or with PNGs (if you want a rich coloured, detailed gfx a la FOT: BoS). Find yourself someone who can into Fallout 1/2 gfx or ask around here for tips.