Author Topic: Van Buren  (Read 73039 times)

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: Van Buren
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2014, 07:26:08 am »
The music's interesting, some of the "layers" of it do remind me of the techniques Mark Morgan uses.
What tools did you create it with?
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2014, 09:25:06 am »
The music's interesting, some of the "layers" of it do remind me of the techniques Mark Morgan uses.
What tools did you create it with?

I'll ask the composers what they use!

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2014, 02:01:31 pm »
I've uploaded the Crater's ambient track

http://soundcloud.com/van-buren-fallout/the-crater

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2014, 02:16:46 pm »
I would like to see some screenshots or movie gameplay...

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2014, 02:29:40 pm »
Here's a screenshot of me testing new mutants outside Ouroboros.

I'm sorry you have to wait for our new screenshots/gameplay video but I'm the only artist/programmer/mapper actively working on the game right now so it's going as fast as one man can push it!

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2014, 06:19:03 pm »
Why are you working alone?

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2014, 08:21:31 pm »
They're all volunteers and are working on the game with me when they're not busy with real life (school, jobs, family, relationships, etc.). It's like that right now, I think it will get better as I start finishing more of the locations. If it unfortunately remains like it is now, the game will be finished but it will take me twice as long and I think the quality might suffer because I'm not that good at every aspect of game development. I'm working on it every day and am highly motivated :)

Offline lisac2k

• Rotator
  • Uncle Pyro
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2014, 05:33:02 pm »
Nice screen, I really do love that tractor wreck :) too bad I never pushed it further and made some more of such junk... Who knows, maybe some day...

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2014, 07:47:57 pm »
Yes, you should make more junk because you're making nice-looking junk :)
P.S. I credited you under Rotators (because I also used some of b_B's tiles) but I can credit you separately if you want to

Offline lisac2k

• Rotator
  • Uncle Pyro
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2014, 08:41:28 am »
Rotators should be OK. I may publish something else today or tomorrow, it may or may not be of use to you... Your call.

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2014, 01:04:23 pm »
Richard Tongol, a Fallout fan and a 3D modeler, donated his 3D model of the original vertibird to us. Now we need to animate it so the Prisoner can enjoy a ride ;)

Offline lisac2k

• Rotator
  • Uncle Pyro
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2014, 08:47:52 pm »
Lovely!

Maybe the transitions on the back wings are not as seamless as they could be, but the overall quality is very nice.

Anyway, I have released something as well (although my contribution is more modest, but still...)

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2014, 10:02:50 pm »
Looks promising keep it up tho :) !

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2014, 11:04:01 am »
Any news? What's progress?  ;D

Offline lisac2k

• Rotator
  • Uncle Pyro
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2014, 06:38:15 pm »
Any news? What's progress?  ;D

I think there is most probably some progress achieved, but you can't really expect from the team (i.e. from hexer) to post every detail about it... He'll notify us when something remarkable happens, I'm quite sure about that.