Author Topic: Van Buren  (Read 73140 times)

Re: Van Buren
« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2016, 03:53:22 pm »
So basically the game will never get done. :p

sure it won't lmao

« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2016, 08:26:42 pm »
sure it won't lmao

I'm afraid too, recreating all mechanism would be time consuming, even for team of programmers and I don't think so Van Buren's team has a lot of scripters and programmers, maybe I'm wrong :)

Don't ruin this guys, please.

Offline Vanburen

• A remake of Interplay's canceled Fallout 3 by fans
    • Facebook
« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2016, 11:35:41 pm »
Hey all,

This is the project's current lead - we're not definitively switching over to Unity, but it is an engine we've discussed using in some capacity. It would have some advantages, but the obvious issue would be the time involved in rebuilding/importing everything, and some legal greyness, too.

I think what we're hoping to do is find a more updated FOnline SDK (made available by other game projects) and perhaps use Unity as a way to drag & drop assets for mapping. I am not sure how possible this is, but basically, we are exploring ways of streamlining our process since FOnline's tools are not always the most efficient.
The Van Buren Team

Offline Slowhand

• Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2016, 09:30:31 am »
Hey all,

This is the project's current lead - we're not definitively switching over to Unity, but it is an engine we've discussed using in some capacity. It would have some advantages, but the obvious issue would be the time involved in rebuilding/importing everything, and some legal greyness, too.

I think what we're hoping to do is find a more updated FOnline SDK (made available by other game projects) and perhaps use Unity as a way to drag & drop assets for mapping. I am not sure how possible this is, but basically, we are exploring ways of streamlining our process since FOnline's tools are not always the most efficient.

Hey, I'm writing some tools for FOnline, can you tell me which tools or functionality do you miss?

Offline Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2016, 07:46:11 pm »
Hey, I'm writing some tools for FOnline, can you tell me which tools or functionality do you miss?

Just a reminder, in case anyone want to parse/write FOnline file formats and don't feel like writing the code for interacting with the data formats: https://github.com/rotators/focommon
Note that the documentation is bad, sorry for that, but if you are comfortable with source it may be usefull. It's used in a few of our tools, so if you take a look at the source for them it may be clearer how to use it. Also, it doesn't work with newer file formats in some cases but it is compatible with 2238 and probably reloaded as well.

Offline Slowhand

• Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2016, 08:33:52 pm »
Ty, it should help in finding stuff about file formats.

Offline Vanburen

• Facebook
« Reply #126 on: October 01, 2016, 07:28:55 pm »
Hey Slowhand,

Sorry for missing your comment! I think one of the biggest problems that we face is just that we have a LOT of assets, and when building something in the mapper, it can be time consuming to find what you what (some sort of folder-based system would be superior imo). Some collaborators also tell me the mapping tool has a tendency to break, though that hasn't been my experience personally.
The Van Buren Team

« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2016, 02:07:10 am »
Is this project still alive?
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com

« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2016, 10:23:25 pm »
Is this project still alive?

I afraid they won't complete this project... Fuck, they wanted to release it in this year, lol.

Offline Vanburen

• Facebook
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2016, 10:42:29 pm »
Still making progress... on a demo... slowly. Never had strict release date in mind, though.
The Van Buren Team

« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2016, 10:57:34 pm »
Good to hear you, just show us from time to time that you still develop sth. It sucks when project for which you wait years get abandon without any infos - check promising "What Remains" on FOnline by Surf Solar or any other earlier FOnline projects...

Offline Vanburen

• Facebook
« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2016, 12:53:28 am »
I get it. The obvious truth is that our project is hugely ambitious, but at a certain point, we just want to have something done. Even if that means a beta that's added upon whenever we find time for it. Wish I had some screenshots to show, but we're making good progress on a demo for the beginning stage of game.
The Van Buren Team

« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2016, 10:19:40 pm »
do you need any help , im very familiar with the mapper and creating new graphics thru drawing or rendering plus i got some basic knowledge of coding , altho im very little familiar with all functions from the fonline engine. i can also join voicecom if needed .

i would like to help.

-cheers

Offline Vanburen

• Facebook
« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2016, 07:31:20 pm »
Hey, sorry to have missed your message. We could certainly use some help with mapping... go ahead and PM me with some samples of your work or projects you've helped with (they don't need to be anything impressive) and I can give you some more information.
The Van Buren Team

« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2018, 04:56:46 pm »
Dead?