Author Topic: FOnline: Ashes of Phoenix OBT announcement & game features  (Read 33033 times)

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
Re: FOnline: Ashes of Phoenix OBT announcement & game features
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 11:40:54 am »
i think i will join, looks promising, especially the 4 main faction feature

Offline Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 03:21:18 pm »
Hello everyone,

We've been spending our time on polishing the game for the last couple of weeks, and we're now very close to the official launch!

It's time for us to come and talk about Ashes of Phoenix in more details, to show why we believe it has a huge potential and why you should try it out. We'll be releasing a series of videos in the next weeks remaining before the game goes live while we finish some more thingies on our side. We don't know yet about the exact release day, but we'll keep you informed at least several days before it comes.

We'll of course start with the main location of the game: Phoenix.

http://youtu.be/J80q87J45hY

We now also have a moddb page you can follow:
http://www.moddb.com/games/fonline-ashes-of-phoenix
And if you like what you see, please like us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/FOnlineAOP

All support is warmly appreciated!

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 03:33:03 pm »
Which revision of FOnline SDK do you use?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 04:25:38 pm by JovankaB »

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 04:25:52 pm »
I cant recall exactly but it should be 404, not later than 410

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 10:04:01 am »
Sadly I can't play new revisions on my ancient PC. But the project looks very promising, at
least it looks like you have a consistent idea for the game and you put a lot of work into it.
It will be interesting to see how it goes and how/if it will impact other servers. Good luck!

Have you been thinking about advertising the game outside of FOnline community?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:14:15 am by JovankaB »

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 10:56:24 am »
This is one of the most interesting projects based on FOnline engine. I hope you keep going improve game and add more content, activities for PvE players too not only PvP. It reminds me Desert Europe, not exactly why maybe for these sceneries and map design. Hey actually you were working on Desert Europe, were not you?

Offline Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 05:36:07 pm »
Have you been thinking about advertising the game outside of FOnline community?

Yes, definitely. Actually, with all its changes, we consider AoP as a new game. We try to be understandable to people that never played FOnline or even Fallout, and we're also trying to modernize the gameplay so that everyone can enjoy it. I think even the most experienced FOnline player can feel noob as much as any beginner on AoP :)

It reminds me Desert Europe, not exactly why maybe for these sceneries and map design. Hey actually you were working on Desert Europe, were not you?

I did work on it a bit, a long time ago.

Thanks for your encouragements!

Offline Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2014, 03:35:03 am »
Hello everyone!

Here is the second developers diary about Ashes of Phoenix, in which we talk about the main factions of the game and some of the opportunities they offer. The exact date of the game launch should be known soon. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/FcafZyZL1LQ

Offline Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2014, 07:07:30 pm »
Hello everyone!

The third dev diary is out. This time we talk about skills, and detail some of the options available in term of character building and combat tactics. This video shows some of the most advanced features of the game, that will enable complex dynamic gameplay for both individuals and groups. We hope you'll enjoy what you'll see and we look forward for your feedback!

http://youtu.be/mkfXaQMFeYI

Offline lisac2k

• Rotator
  • Uncle Pyro
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2014, 11:35:25 pm »
The leadership skills seems to be the new black, looks interesting. And the there's the good ol' sneak skill for all wanna-be Garrets with shotguns.

I see you have only 4 non-combat skills, it may be the right way to go I think. During the well-known crimson PvP festivals you don't really need that much social or outdoor skills after all, and if I understand it correctly, you guys don't want to experiment with non-PvP concepts.

I couldn't understand some parts, maybe you should consider subtitles in form of the YT-annotations or something... Nonetheless, not a bad video, typical FOnline dev flair, just the way we've always been serving them ;D Lovely

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2014, 11:59:52 pm »
subtitles should actually already be enabled and I know I've seen thema couple of hours but maybe there was some issue. Anyway, the advantage of a video is that you can stop it and play it again haha

Also, I wouldn't say we don't want to experiment with non-pvp concepts. It's just that we need the core gameplay working before we can think about adding more pve-only content. We do already have 2 massive dungeons, dozens of random assignment and mining maps, using a system that is very flexible and easily expandable and replacing the built in encounter system with random patrols also adds a whole new layer to simple random encounters.

We also already have features implemented to allow a more interactive use of holodisks but though the scripts are working, we don't have the time to add the maps and texts right now. AoP being "pvp-only" is a common, but wrong misconception.

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2014, 09:44:12 am »
I think reviving from dead is an excellent idea.

I always thought you die too fast in FOnline and especially if you do PvE with
friends it's a nuisance and really pointless to wait for someone to come from
respawn point.

I'm not sure if it would help in PvP, considering alts and fast relogs, depends
how easily people can come into the location with alts (if they can at all), how
the maps are made etc.

I don't know how exactly it works in AoP, but personally I wouldn't leave
reviving to doctors, but make it possible to do by anyone with the item.
People with doctor skill could be just more efficient with it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 10:08:08 am by JovankaB »

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2014, 10:21:41 am »
I always wanted the hp / health system in 2238 to be changed, as people were dying way too fast. But it was a super unpopular idea whenever I suggested it.

Everyone should be able to revive, but a higher doctor / first aid skill could increase the respawn hitpoints.

Offline Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2014, 02:38:41 pm »
I'm not sure if it would help in PvP, considering alts and fast relogs, depends
how easily people can come into the location with alts (if they can at all), how
the maps are made etc.

Yes, it would certainly help to some extent. Getting back to any battlefield in Phoenix will take some time, you can't just relog another character and jump in instantly. You have to cross the city first, with all its dangers.

There are two defib devices, one everyone can use but which is less effective, and one which requires doc skill but works better.

Thanks for your feedback!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 02:54:36 pm by Shangalar »

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2014, 04:39:50 pm »
There are two defib devices, one everyone can use but which is less effective, and one which requires doc skill but works better.

This gave me an idea for a version of "Bloody mess" trait - you
always kill with violent death but you also always die with it.
Or just an increased chance of it.