Author Topic: Two Questions  (Read 2396 times)

Two Questions
« on: October 23, 2013, 05:44:35 am »
1. Does anyone know of a FOnline server that has a death penalty other than permadeath? I like meaningful death but I would rather keep certain items, equipped items and nothing else (though I'm open to different penalties), on death.

2. If there is no such server being run, does anyone know of a tutorial on how to set up my own and where I can find it?

Re: Two Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 05:48:24 am »
I'm also open to any server that at least has no full loot on death.

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 06:28:30 am »
1. I don't think anyone has a made a server like that, where you don't lose everything on death, but there aren't perma-death servers to my knowledge, either. This isn't really the place to ask that, it's for questions about the FOnline engine and the SDKs.

2. Well, that's what the 2238 source server is for, you can change pretty much anything you want once you learn angelscript syntax (it's C++ syntax), and understand the scripts already written. There's not much of a tutorial on what does what in the already-made scripts, but if you want to set up your own server, check this out:
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,29403.msg258401.html#msg258401
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,29382.0.html
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 06:46:57 am »
1. Where would I ask the question then?

2. Er, well I can see I need extensive knowledge in C++ to even understand what you're saying. I'm not a programmer, nor do I have in interest in it (I'm a 3D modeler). I guess I'll just have to accept that I'll never see the FOnline server that I would like to play.....

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 03:45:35 pm »
Oh nevermind, I guess this would be most appropriate place, since it isn't really off-topic being that it is about FOnline. Not exactly cluttered enough to worry about that.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 06:37:51 pm »
Alright, I'll wait and see if someone comes along with a server then.