Author Topic: Perks, Traits and SPECIAL  (Read 2049 times)

Perks, Traits and SPECIAL
« on: October 11, 2013, 05:25:48 pm »
hello people, i want to play with some friends in a private server of FOnline but i want to change some perks and traits, like in the original fallout 1 / 2, and probably change how perception works ( field of view ). where i can change this things and how ? i download the .zip with the server files and i can upload and play the server without problem, but i not really sure how to change that things.

another question : there's any server files to download from previous wipes ? like the 3th wipe years ago.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 05:30:06 pm by sasha »

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: Perks, Traits and SPECIAL
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 05:44:31 am »
2238's source is how the server was before pre-wipe madness in 2013, and it was said that previous versions of 2238 wouldn't be released.
The access to the original repository used for the development of FOnline: 2238 in the past, with all the revisions up to this point, will stay closed.

As for Perception, changing line 61 in client_fov.fos looks promising, but I can't test out the code right now, and I think that is just client side. In main.fos, line 2834 has a FovCheck(Critter& cr, Critter& opponent) function that looks like it would help you. To figure out what makes it change based on what direction your character is facing, you might have to do more searching & modifying.
On Notepad++ for instance, you do do 'Search -> Find in Files..." to find all instances of a keyword like "perception", "fov", "direction", etc.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 07:27:07 am »
didn't work. i change both files and i clear the cache but i dont see any changes. the only i can do is modify __LookNormal and __LookMinimum in config.fos for the moment.

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 02:50:38 am »
You can at least change the direction penalty percentages by modifying these lines in config.fos:
default lines 90-93
Code: [Select]
    __LookDir0 = 0;
    __LookDir1 = 20;
    __LookDir2 = 40;
    __LookDir3 = 60; 
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 04:17:50 am »
yes, i do it some days ago. thanks anyway, Dishonest Abe :P