FOnline Development > 3D Development

Final Stage

(1/5) > >>

Karpov:
Hello. A few months ago I heard that FO:2238 was officially going down, and it made me a bit sad to be honest. I knew that this fodev.net was launched but I guess I didn't pay much attention to it, and never realised that the forum was still here.
 Now, since 2238 is offline, the project has to be aimed towards a different direction, and moving it to another private Fonline project would not be fair, so I guess a good choice would be for it be released for public use.  That's why I wanted to ask for the opinion of everyone involved in the project. Of course everyone should be credited and I'd like to make a list of those people who helped.
  I'll try and find a way to prepare a working test server when the "mod" is ready. After that, if you agree, I'll release a guide on how to configurate it in the server.

The status for the project was 90% on the old SDK. Only missing some items (just my fault, I need to add them) and some tweaks on existing animations, which are not very important because that can be done at any time. In fact, most of the animations, models, textures, will be perfectioned by many people after this is released.
  The current status goes down to 80% when I port it to the new SDK because of some incompatibility issues. I still have 24 animations to re-export, because non of them worked. Also, I don't know what kind of trouble I could find as I advance on the process, I hope not many.

The current state of the repository corresponds to the old SDK release and it should work on any release before the adittion of the library called "Assimp", which is needed to load assets in OpenGL. So If I update the repo, the whole older working copy goes away.
I'll update once I finish this re-export process, which will take a week, perhaps.

I hope everything goes right after all. Thanks, I'll be around and will bring you the news.

Graf:
Well, you got my agreement for public release of our work, when it's done. Also, I'm willing to help. In fact, I'm already doing this, but oh well. I hope there are more people left, who are still in a mood of finishing things up.

Alvarez:
I'm still searching for some commands to change the appearance in admin mode, as i need to test the item coordinates in-game.

So im interested to help you, guys.

Jotisz:
I agree with releasing the 3d work to the public there have been so much work in it that it would be waste to let it unfinished. Well to be short I wish to help too.
I'm looking forward to news on this.

Lexx:
Wasn't it always meaned to be for public? That's how we wanted to get as many people as possible into it, at least.

Though I have no idea what FOnline game would take it up nowadays, as apparently everyone only likes to use the same 10 2d sprites. Oh well. It was still pretty cool looking, just requires a few more tweaks and fixed on graphic and code / shader side. Nothing that would have been impossible to do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version