Author Topic: Server set up question  (Read 5377 times)

Server set up question
« on: August 29, 2013, 06:16:56 am »
Hey, new here, I tried playing the server, but noticed it got taken down but when I saw it all got released, I was so happy I could make my own server, some questions:

How do I set up a server? is it as simple as a setup.exe?

How can players join? can I use Comodo Unite?

Is the world preset? I just wanna have base Fallout 2 map that I can edit and put more NPC's in and have wars once and awhile between say Raiders and NCR, or BoS and NCR.

Is everything moddable? like power armor, and such?

thank you to anyone who answers.

Re: Server set up question
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 10:33:45 am »
The server got taken down but there are other servers around so if you want to just play and have fun with people from all around the world, these are the most populated ones, just try some and you might like it, even though the player interaction is mostly quite harsh.

However, if you insist on running your own private server with the Fallout 2 map, I would suggest using the FOnline SDK where you can spawn items, critters, and it should be very easy for you to set it up.

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 12:52:35 pm »
The closest game to the now closed 2238 server would be Fonline: Reloaded, coming out in just a few days. You'll see the announcements and releveant threads on this board.

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 08:46:00 pm »
I have the SDK, but I have no idea what I'm doing, the readme is in Russian and I mostly wanted a server for just me and friends, and maybe others, but mostly friends and friends of friends.

I got the server set up, but I don't know how to set its IP to my Comodo IP(sorta like Hamachi, but better)

also, how do I(or anyone for that matter) join my server?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 08:52:35 pm by GeneralSturnn »

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 09:17:41 pm »
any further help please? even the guide I found here didn't help, I just wanna make my own server, where I can spawn things, and have friends join, I had plans on having Wars between NPC's and such.

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 07:43:31 pm »
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,29377.msg258165.html#msg258165

Just read. There is information all over this forum. Use search function thats what its for.