Author Topic: Fallout 1/2 recreation project  (Read 6413 times)

Fallout 1/2 recreation project
« on: August 13, 2013, 10:14:45 am »
Wouldn't it be great if we could recreate the old Fallout 1 or 2 games using Bethesda's Fallout 3 or NV? Most of the models are already available through the DLC's and as far as I saw both the F3 and NV nexus have some Fallout 1 & 2 style buildings. Of course the wold will be a lot bigger than F3 or NV combined but I think it would be worth it and fun make. So tell me what do you think and if you are willing to contribute in such a project!

Re: Fallout 1/2 recreation project
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 10:20:39 am »
You are not first who wants to do it. Check this out (old but maybe you can contact with authors) http://www.moddb.com/mods/fallout-2161

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 01:48:40 pm »
Imagine the sheer size of the playable map if it is full-scale to real-life. :D It would either be unrealistically small or you would have to use cars and then some (or I guess the world map could still be 2D overview but then the encounter maps are 3D?).

Sounds interesting, though even if some group did manage to recreate the world map with random encounters/good content, I have the feeling the some of the towns would just look weird in 3D. For example, the playable New Reno is quite small, and NCR was said to hold thousands of citizens. Not to mention San Francisco or making "city ruin" places outside of cities.

But ignoring the cities themselves, having a full-scale Fallout/Fallout2 map with realistic terrain (mountains, cliffs, etc.) that you would have to drive around and explore would be amazing. Caves, too, even if there realistically aren't a whole lot of those.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 03:15:21 pm »
Yeah I know some other people attempted to make this. Anyway, I might give it a try as well if I manage to put together a team of people who are fairly skilled with the G.E.C.K. My vision is to make almost all the buildings,interiors or the major ones connected to the world cell. So you will be able to enter most buildings without having to wait to enter another cell. This could be quite heavy on the requirements but anyone with a decent PC could run it. The gameplay would be more or less the same, the stats system will be reworked to be like the one in Fallout 1/2. I know it sounds time consuming but it's not impossible to realize! I would attempt to recreate Aroyo in the days to come.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 03:18:18 pm by raynor009 »

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 08:06:46 pm »
Why would you transform a good game into such horrible engine, bad combat system and ridicolous graphics?

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 12:11:24 am »
Why would you transform a good game into such horrible engine, bad combat system and ridicolous graphics?

Because I can. And I want to.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 06:57:03 am »
Such a thing won't ever be finished in a good quality anyway. It's a huge amount of work and it requires quite some modding skills in both, Fallout 1 and the gamebryo engine.

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 03:12:08 am »
Re-creating a small part of the game might actually be a good idea. Like Fallout 1 Vault 13 + Shady Sands + Raider's camp, where player can complete a quest to save the village from the raiders.