Author Topic: After Reset - a sci-fi post-apocalyptic role-playing game  (Read 14545 times)

After Reset - a sci-fi post-apocalyptic role-playing game
« on: July 18, 2013, 02:09:28 am »
EX-topic: http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,28115.0.html

Hi there!

We have a plenty of new 3d stuff for update: models of one of the customable characters (naked and wearing casual clothes from concept art), several 3d models from game assets and new 3d-dev team-member.

Sadly, we changed our web-site (www.afterreset.com) engine that caused wipe of all registration. If you like and follow After Reset RPG, please make a registration on our forum once again.

As good news there are new game-engine screens below :)

« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 02:23:44 am by Wipe »

Re: After Reset - a sci-fi post-apocalyptic role-playing game
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 08:01:52 pm »
Nice... box.

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 11:27:03 pm »
Wow this game sure has evolved since last time I heard from it. Can't wait for it to be released.

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 05:29:56 pm »
All the art looks nice, I wish them luck, but 900k USD is a lot to ask for a small team without established reputation in game development. It is not reassuring that the video doesn't show anything in terms of gameplay, just beautiful (no doubt about that) concept arts, slideshow intro and a short demo with a man wandering aimlessly on a desert - yes it does look pretty, it sounds pretty, but this is not a game, it's barely scratching visual concept/design of an RPG and some movement/animation code (which probably is done by the engine anyway).

I think to be more successful in Kickstarter, in their situation and with their demands, they should have presented a demo where a real gameplay is shown - visiting the first location, initial gameplay, talking to an NPC, part of a quest/combat with commentary - it would be more useful than the boring distorted slideshow intro. You don't need a full game for this, just a little bit to prove that you are able to put all the beautiful assets made by talented people into something actually playable.

Maybe they still keep something in their sleeve, I don't know, we will see. But if that's all, then I'm afraid they blew the chance this time.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 07:11:52 pm by b__B »

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 07:47:50 pm »
Until this is finished we will maybe quench our thirst for post apocalyptic games with Wasteland 2. And any day now  Bethe$da should announce a new Fallout game.

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 01:48:36 pm »
Thanks, guys.

All the art looks nice, I wish them luck, but 900k USD is a lot to ask for a small team without established reputation in game development.
As s person I've got sufficient money from my furniture business so I don't want preying on gamers like myself. As a creator and gamer I don't wan't to create and/or play one more unfinished trash…

So $900k is not about "how much I want" but about "how much does such a game cost". Why did I launch that project? Because nobody else did.

I'm too tired of waiting.
I waited for KOTOR 3 and got SWTOR
I waited for Balder's Gate and got "Enhanced Edition"
I waited for Diablo 3 and got… *facepalm*
When Wasteland 2 was announced I put the question "will it be like unreleased original Fallout 3 (Van Buren)?" and received "no". That was the last drop. I do not want to play damn Commandos. I want to play R-P-G. So that game is for people who feel the same…

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 01:50:54 pm »
BTW, it is sad that Fallout2238 is dead :( I really was hope to recreated its hardcore atmosphere of blue-pajamas paranoia and kill-or-be-killed suspense...

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 06:08:57 pm »
When Wasteland 2 was announced I put the question "will it be like unreleased original Fallout 3 (Van Buren)?" and received "no". That was the last drop. I do not want to play damn Commandos. I want to play R-P-G. So that game is for people who feel the same…

Yes its sad that it won't be like Van Burren but who knows maybe it will be good. I wish you best of luck with your game and I really hope you will be able to finish it!!! I will gather my former fonline acolytes and make a donation.

EDIT: I know it might be to soon to ask but: If the game will be finished will you release some sort of editor/sdk so that players can create new locations, quests etc ?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 06:22:15 pm by raynor009 »

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 02:56:41 am »
MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 260 or Radeon HD 4850 (512 MB VRAM)
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i5 series or equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 980 or Radeon R9 290X (4096 MB VRAM)
LOoOoOL
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

http://store.steampowered.com/app/335850/?snr=1_5_1100__1100

What's with those requirements man? I'm pretty sure this ain't a typo. Was gonna click on buy, but then I saw that aaaannddd... no.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 10:14:57 pm »
This thing still exists?

/Edit: Early Access and 45€. :D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 10:16:43 pm by Lexx »

The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
irc V_guessWho

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2015, 08:02:01 pm »
One year later and still no gameplay, only nice looking menu and 3D model limping around in a few empty rooms.
Smells like a vaporware...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 08:14:27 pm by JovankaB »

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 09:30:11 pm »
Fishy fishy...
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead