Author Topic: FOnline: Reloaded  (Read 145360 times)

Re: FOnline: Reloaded
« Reply #165 on: July 29, 2013, 05:09:01 pm »
If an argument is not pertinent, it is automatically invalid. Protip: look at the name of this thread.
I see you ran out of arguments so you refer to pertinence (which is basically like saying sh*t up I'm the one who's right, no matter what) instead of addressing my points.
Because of these additional hit points? Dude... I will have AT LEAST 18 chances to instakill him OR serve him a chain of knock-downs combined with bypasses here and there no doubt, blind him, cripple his arms so he won't even have a chance to use his weapon, etc.
As said many times, you keep mentioning the old system with fastrelog option without any penalties (bleh), it is not my problem that Kilgore doesn't want to do something about it, if you really think that additional bonuses till lvl 99 will solve FR problem, then you are terribly wrong. In fact, relog matter is totally irrelevant to our original disscussion about high level bonuses.

Offline Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #166 on: July 29, 2013, 05:33:47 pm »
I see you ran out of arguments so you refer to pertinence (which is basically like saying sh*t up I'm the one who's right, no matter what) instead of addressing my points.
I addressed all your points. It's not my fault you're having problems keeping up with me. Well, maybe it is in a way, but Stration does not scale down to anybody's level, sorry.

FR problem
FR is NOT a problem. If you think otherwise, you're nothing but a noob player whose knowledge of the game is very limited to me.

Also, you missed my point entirely. I suggest you go back to my original post, then to your replies, and then to my replies to your replies up to this point.

-----------------------------------------

Edit (just noticed this delusional message, won't add another post to comment on it though as it'd be completely pointless)

Anyway I highly doubt that you have played more hours of PvP than me
AHAHAHA #BESTJOKE2013
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:47:01 pm by Stration »

« Reply #168 on: July 29, 2013, 07:05:10 pm »
Stration I've noticed your nose is up, you're a funny guy  :)

Anyway I highly doubt that you have played more hours of PvP than me (heard you used to be the best VC doctor or something, during your crafting sessions I was probably fighting) so calling me "noob" repeatedly is rather disrespectful and definitelly doesn't fit your posh image you're trying to build up.

If you don't see anything wrong on this
Things might be different if there are more people than just me and him involved in the fight, but at the end of the day his power will be equal to about one and a half lvl24 BG chars AT MOST.
and this
FR is NOT a problem.
then we have totally different expectations from the game and there is no point to continue the discussion.

« Reply #169 on: July 29, 2013, 08:57:41 pm »
- ~suicide should work even if you're in full health.
- Shouting should be unnerfed (if I shout, it should be heard all over the map, not just within ~50 hexes).
- The medical terminal needs to make its way back to Vault City; guards need to be spawned inside the Vault.
- All trees should be cuttable.
- The annoying persistent level indicator serves no purpose and should be removed.
- Fiber plants should appear more frequently and they should have the "always visible" property.
- Ridiculous drug recipes should be changed back to normal:
Super stimpaks should be 1 empty hypo + 2 x broc + 2 x xander + 2 x bio gel.
Mentats should be 1 chemical component + 8 x fruit.
Jet should be 1 x empty canister + 4 x brahmin shit.
Buffout should be 1 chemical component + 10 x meat jerky.
These will be considered. Recipes could use some changes.

- Old repair system should be brought back.
I've already said it will be reworked. Old system with few adjustments to preserve item sink (and no, you won't need an item of the same type to repair another item).

- Radios sold in stores/dropped in encos should be set to channel 0 by default and have both broadcast and reception turned on; NPCs should not loot radios off corpses.
No because it's annoying when you have to turn reception off because of 999 radios spamming yadda-yadda on channel 0.

- Blueprints should be removed from the game; professions should have 3 levels again.
No because it's currently okay and if it is not then it will be changed. I mean: 2 profession levels and blueprints in shops.

- Predators entering random encounters need to be removed from the game.
No because they are not a problem.

- Lockers should have a chance of spawning in any city ruins map, not just in random encounters with enemies in them, and the limit of one locker per encounter should be removed.
Might be reworked later, other things have higher priority (as repair, dungeons etc.). They are not so important now since traders sell blueprints.

- Critical hit tables should be made public.
2238 is open source, no idea what you talking about.

- Locks that are crafted should have a chance of being better than average same as armors and weapons (unique locks should be unlockpickable).
Only armors and weapons have a chance of "being better". Unlockpickable locks - big no.

- Unique armors and weapons should have a chance of getting the (new) weapon perk "Indestructible" (condition 101/100).
Very unlikely. After a while all would use only these.

- Leveling up past level x (where "x" is a high number, I'd suggest 50) should give more than just skill points (high-level bonuses might include: bonus hit points, action points, healing rate, damage/rad/poison resistance, a new default skin, etc. - the possibilities are endless).
Bonus hit points, action points and damage resistance? Are you crazy? There is only soft level cap, after a while some people would have 95 damage res, 20-30 action points (or more?) and 300-500 or more Hit points. Kelin explained why it's stupid.
As was mentioned already, there will be special implants to improve any character in a limited degree (hit points / resistances / SPECIAL).

About that fast relog talk:
It's funny when I read stories about 10, 15 or 20 "waves" of alts used in battle. Never seen something like this, the most was maybe 4-6, and making such number of chars is quite typical because people get bored with one char at max lvl. I mean, maybe in 1 vs 1 you can use 20 characters, but not in any organised fight and it's the reality. Only few guys had so many chars, so what? One guy will win against an army? Give him even 500 characters and he won't. Stories about gangs using 10-15 "waves of alts" came from few forum loudmouth ragemen and couldn't even be taken seriously..

Also, if you want to disable fast relog, you will also need to cripple multi logs.
Ever heard about having 2 or 3 computers? Ever heard about VPN?
Now imagine that a team of people will use it. The resulting butthurt would be apocalyptic.

While fast relog has some disadvantages, especially when it *WAS* difficult/timeconsuming to get proper stuff for PvP, it has also some advantages as for example longer and less predictable fights. You can't deny it, been there, done that.

Conclusion: I'm not doing anything against fastrelogs/multilogs besides adding and improving one-character features. On TLAmk2 they have fastrelog and multilog allowed and guess what? No one gives a fuck..
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:04:25 pm by Kilgore »

Offline Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #170 on: July 29, 2013, 09:51:04 pm »
Bonus hit points, action points and damage resistance? Are you crazy?
No, I am not crazy. When I say "bonus hit points," I don't mean "the full amount of hit points that you would normally get when leveling up," but rather "0-2 bonus hit points every level past lvl50 or so." When I say "action points" I don't mean "bonus action points every level," but rather "one or two bonus action points at some preset level landmarks (lvl 50 & lvl99 for example). When I say "bonus damage resistance," I don't mean "+5% to all resistances every level," but rather "a +0-1% bonus to a random resistance OR a random DT every level past lvl50 or so." Do I still sound "crazy" or was I simply misunderstood?

I'm not doing anything against fastrelogs/multilogs besides adding and improving one-character features.
Great news.

On TLAmk2 they have fastrelog and multilog allowed and guess what? No one gives a fuck..
Oh, no, there always is at least one group of extremely vocal crybabies that DO give a fuck. FO: 2238 devs listened to the crybabies, implemented enough anti-FR measures to make the game completely unplayable, and look how well it turned out for them.

2238 is open source, no idea what you talking about.
I'm talking about any changes that have been/will be made to the tables in question. I'd like to know about them, and I'm sure there will be more people interested in this as the server enters its next phase of development. Unless, perhaps, FO: Reloaded is open source as well, and I somehow overlooked this fact?

Oh, and could I also get the file with crafting recipes please?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:04:42 pm by Stration »

Offline DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #171 on: July 29, 2013, 10:22:19 pm »

Its alwyas nice to get feedback about exploits Prof. Torr

Could You upload Your FA bot makro ?

- First Aid need rework.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 11:29:43 pm by DocAN. »
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Offline Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #172 on: July 29, 2013, 11:11:57 pm »
Its alwyas nice to get feedback about exploits.

Could You upload Your FA bot makro ?
I have no clue what you are talking about.

First Aid need rework
I agree. The minimum amount of hit points healed should be set at 2/3*FA, e.g. if your FA skill = 100%, you should never heal less than 67 hit points (unless you roll a critical failure of course), and the likelihood of a critical success should be equal to at the very least LUCK*2.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 11:18:56 pm by Stration »

« Reply #173 on: July 29, 2013, 11:58:38 pm »
The minimum amount of hit points healed should be set at 2/3*FA, e.g. if your FA skill = 100%, you should never heal less than 67 hit points (unless you roll a critical failure of course), and the likelihood of a critical success should be equal to at the very least LUCK*2.
He probably meant experience gained by FA which has to be somehow limited (nerfed) or it will be botted to hell. I planned it from the very beginning but forgot about it completely.

No, I am not crazy. When I say "bonus hit points," I don't mean "the full amount of hit points that you would normally get when leveling up," but rather "0-2 bonus hit points every level past lvl50 or so." When I say "action points" I don't mean "bonus action points every level," but rather "one or two bonus action points at some preset level landmarks (lvl 50 & lvl99 for example). When I say "bonus damage resistance," I don't mean "+5% to all resistances every level," but rather "a +0-1% bonus to a random resistance OR a random DT every level past lvl50 or so." Do I still sound "crazy" or was I simply misunderstood?
Insignificant bonus becomes significant when repeated one thousand times by someone having too much time (or a bot).
It's not like I'm totally against it, but certainly not bonus HP/action points/damage resistances.

I'm talking about any changes that have been/will be made to the tables in question. I'd like to know about them, and I'm sure there will be more people interested in this as the server enters its next phase of development. Unless, perhaps, FO: Reloaded is open source as well, and I somehow overlooked this fact?
It was clearly stated that the only change in critical tables was removal of bypass on unaimed shots.
Source might be published later if someone needs it. It's just 2238 with many tweaks and several new features, nothing so secret. Crafting table is a subject to change at least few times until launch so I don't see a reason to put it here at the moment, as it would only make some confusion.

Offline Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #174 on: July 30, 2013, 12:55:19 am »
He probably meant experience gained by FA which has to be somehow limited (nerfed) or it will be botted to hell.
I don't think there are any botters left in the game (not counting TLA where there are more bots than players), but if you want my advice on how to deal with this vaguely possible issue, I'd suggest disallowing players above level 24 from receiving any XP for healing. This would make any possible FA/Doc bots pretty much useless without hurting legitimate players too much.

« Reply #175 on: July 30, 2013, 01:23:51 am »
Some of the NCPs like Vipers, acts strange if you are in move with high AC, they do not attack and run away so player can restore AP without problems. They should follow you and wait till you stop if no one else to attack.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:25:50 am by ISn2 »

« Reply #176 on: July 30, 2013, 02:12:17 pm »
but if you want my advice on how to deal with this vaguely possible issue, I'd suggest disallowing players above level 24 from receiving any XP for healing.
An easy "fix" but I was thinking about something less harsh.

Some of the NCPs like Vipers, acts strange if you are in move with high AC, they do not attack and run away so player can restore AP without problems. They should follow you and wait till you stop if no one else to attack.
I guess it started when Armor class was changed with the last 2238 wipe. Low priority bug, will wait a bit before it's fixed (or AC rework?). Anyway thanks for the report.

Changelog (30.07.2013)
- decreased max HP of companions by 20,
- adjusted chance for rare item spawn in TC lockers,

Maximum value of some skills was capped as following:
First Aid - 200%
Doctor - 200%
Outdoorsman - 175%
Lockpick - 150%
Traps - 150%
Steal - 150%
Barter - 150%
Science - 125%
Repair - 125%

While capped, skills have maximum effect so for example you will need 125% Repair for same results as previously with 300% Repair. More changes coming.

Requirements for following Support Perks were decreased:
- Dismantler - requires 120% Science (previously 150%),
- Master Thief - requires 125% Steal (previously 150%),
- Mr. Fixit - requires 120% Repair (previously 150%),
- Negotiator - requires 125% Barter (previously 150%),
- Pathfinder - requires 150% Outdoorsman (previously 175%),
- Pickpocket - requires 125% Steal (previously 175%),
- Treasure Hunter - requires 125% Lockpick (previously 150%).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 12:31:37 am by Kilgore »

Offline DocAN.

« Reply #177 on: July 31, 2013, 08:56:16 am »
I have problem with animation of Metal Armor black guy.

He is skiping instead of raunning and have always have pistol animation while equip Rocket lunkcher or Assult Rifle.

Any ideas whats have to be done in my client?

« Reply #178 on: July 31, 2013, 09:39:07 am »
- adjusted chance for rare item spawn in TC lockers
You have to adjust also encounter footlockers, occurrence seems to be alright but the content is completely discouraging and predictable - mostly rags few caps and from time to time items like laser or 10mm pistol. Blueprints from footlockers are very rare and low tier.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:43:28 am by ISn2 »

Offline DocAN.

« Reply #179 on: July 31, 2013, 09:50:34 am »
You have to adjust also encounter footlockers, occurrence seems to be alright but the content is completely discouraging and predictable - mostly rags few caps and from time to time items like laser or 10mm pistol. Blueprints from footlockers are very rare and low tier.

Do You have Tresure Hunter perk ?