Author Topic: FOnline: Reloaded  (Read 145260 times)

Re: FOnline: Reloaded
« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2013, 09:45:56 am »
Motion Sensors ang Gaiger Counters: - Cant find any at traders.
Books price: - You forgot to change books price in Adtym Library
Missing hex blocker in Modoc:
Fixed x3

Changelog (25.07.2013)
- Dynacords no longer knockdown/knockback target
- Increased experience reward for disarming explosives to 150xp (from 50)
- Traps skill scaled down, will have maximum effect at 150% skill (one alt less? :P)
- Decreased average damage from explosives by 50
- Doors are always destroyed by explosives (Dynamite/C4)
- Added Poison effect to Needler Pistol
- Changed ammo mods for Needler Pistol
- Increased damage of Turbo Plasma Rifle (30-65 to 35-70)
- Added an option to colorize whole factions in Namecolorizing.txt by their number automatically (one line per faction)
- Added ~factionnames command to list all factions and their numbers

« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2013, 08:00:36 pm »
I just... cant believe... this server changelog is so fantastic, it should be done on 2238 server years ago... I will start playing this server, but still i i wanna play on TLA mk2 and fonline 2 too.. so i am confused.. And a little less players playing here. Damn, its not good, too much servers too little players everywhere.. But awesome job Kilgore, you have made the 2238 server very playable ! Its so shame that people like Jovanka were devs on 2238 server, and destryed it. You should have become the dev there i see, so 2238 could be still alive. Anyway i repeat i am confused where to play now, Tla mk2 , Fonline 2 , or Fonline Reloaded ..

« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2013, 08:25:57 pm »
Remember that it's only a test session now, with free exp and caps, and it will be wiped soon, so there are not many players. Also the project wasn't announced anywhere besides fodev.net (well few people made threads on fonline 2 forum but it was removed from there shortly :P). I'm still doing some changes and there are few things to be reworked (like repair) in coming days.

The test session will end in next week, around 1st or 2nd of August. "Real" session will start later and also there will be some cool website and forum. Stay tuned!

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2013, 12:11:30 am »
Anyway i repeat i am confused where to play now, Tla mk2 , Fonline 2 , or Fonline Reloaded ..
What if i told you, that you can play on more than one server ;)
Games are meant to be created, not played...

« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2013, 08:45:32 pm »
what about wiki, whether there is a possibility to bring back old 2238 wiki?

« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2013, 08:52:37 pm »
http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Main_Page archived wiki is available, only if Rotators could lend it.

« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2013, 09:00:12 pm »
yes thanks but I meant to get old wiki and keep it up to date in relation to new changelogs

Offline DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2013, 09:04:49 pm »
yes thanks but I meant to get old wiki and keep it up to date in relation to new changelogs

Added to "To do" list.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

« Reply #143 on: July 27, 2013, 09:16:29 pm »
Changelog (27.07.2013)
- Few map fixes (Private Mine, Broken Hills, Redding, Modoc),
- Lowered base price of Combat Armor Mk 2, should be more available at traders now,
- Lowered base prices of most expensive blueprints (capped at 12.500), should be more available at traders now,
- Motion Sensor and Geiger Counter is now available at EW traders lvl 2,
- Increased base price of Motion Sensor (4000) and Geiger Counter (2500),
- Added Iron Ore and Minerals veins in private mines,
- Adjusted regen timers of resource veins, flowers and chemical piles (some decreased, some increased, some removed),
- Removed HQ Chemical Components spawn from Glow,
- Removed radios from traders,
- Items that require Workbench to be crafted can now be crafted using Advanced Workbench also,
- Added a new monster to encounters,
- Added colorizing of followers (green),
- Added colorizing of NPC caravan members (green).

For now, testers/players can use 2238 wiki. Later we'll set up a copy and modify it, using changelog.

To see new monster animation, put this:
http://newfmc.pl/reloaded/reload001.zip

in Client\data directory, then add data\reload001.zip in Client\Datafiles.cfg
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 01:34:17 am by Kilgore »

« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2013, 06:22:26 am »
I'm wondering if you considered rolling back to the old FOV system without facing modifiers

Offline DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2013, 02:08:10 pm »
Slaves HP is based on Slaver Charisma and it shouldnt be that.

10 CH Slaver:

1CH Slaver:

Their base HP is to high compared to their price = 1300 caps.

I think their HP should be rolled between <100-160>

Same problem with Mercs, 10 CH makes them tough [around 200hp] it shoul be rolled <125 - 200>

Also im not sure if its good idea to have an Army of NPCs:

I suggest to change 1 Follower=2Slaves formula in to 1=1 with CAP on 4 slaves, now the cap is set on 6 slaves.

Advanced Workbench can be trade to person behind:

When You craft on Adv. Workbench then it apear in your inv. You can trade it to other person/follower and then use it in safe place. It have to be fixed.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 05:17:06 pm by DocAN. »
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

« Reply #146 on: July 29, 2013, 01:41:59 am »
I'm wondering if you considered rolling back to the old FOV system without facing modifiers
Well, I'm not a big fan of FOV myself, but somehow it worked on 2238 and people got used to it. If you mean only sneak, then hm, I think the only issues with sneak were:
- no penalty for sneaking in bluesuit,
- silent death madness.
But it should be solved now.

Yeah I think you've got some points, but dunno if these changes do not ruin slavery somehow. Could anybody else, perhaps some fan of slave mastery elaborate?

And yep, that thing with Advanced Workbench should be fixed somehow, I'll see what I can do. Thanks for reporting.

« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2013, 02:37:03 am »
Well, I'm not a big fan of FOV myself, but somehow it worked on 2238 and people got used to it. If you mean only sneak, then hm, I think the only issues with sneak were:
- no penalty for sneaking in bluesuit,
- silent death madness.
People got used to it same as to other features implemented beyond the consent of people. FOV determined by obstacles definitely should remain but facing modifiers not, no matter of sneak but also sight range. One way or another, sneak would be more or less useless if motion sensor will be common item.

-150 Sneak penalty for using Heavy weapons (previously -72)
-100 Sneak penalty for using Rifles (previously -36)
I see completely no point of such penalties, while switching active slot from empty hands to weapon cost no AP nor big amount of time, its like ALT preventing by checking IP. So its 150 BG penalty + 72 facing penalty + 36 CA penalty, while sneak is capped at 300% and penalties are calculated last.

-50 Sneak penalty for sneaking in bluesuit
Also pointless while you can wear any deteriorated leather jacket which is common and cheap.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 03:13:03 am by ISn2 »

Offline Stration

• Get off my lawn.
One ant won't spoil your picnic, but a thousand ants sure will. Such was the downfall of FO: 2238, a great server brought down by a thousand little nerfs & the general no-fun-allowed attitude of its devs. I'm very glad to see someone has decided to step forward and restore to life the old FO: 2238 we all knew and loved.

Here are some ideas for improving the player experience even further (the ones preceded by a red hyphen are pretty much bug fixes):

- ~suicide should work even if you're in full health.
- Shouting should be unnerfed (if I shout, it should be heard all over the map, not just within ~50 hexes).
- The medical terminal needs to make its way back to Vault City; guards need to be spawned inside the Vault.
- Old repair system should be brought back.
- All trees should be cuttable.
- The annoying persistent level indicator serves no purpose and should be removed.
- Radios sold in stores/dropped in encos should be set to channel 0 by default and have both broadcast and reception turned on; NPCs should not loot radios off corpses.
- Xander root and broc flower should give you 3 pieces per pick.
- Weak healing powder should be craftable with xander root same as it is with broc flower.
- Fiber plants should appear more frequently and they should have the "always visible" property.
- Blueprints should be removed from the game; professions should have 3 levels again.
- Predators entering random encounters need to be removed from the game.
- Lockers should have a chance of spawning in any city ruins map, not just in random encounters with enemies in them, and the limit of one locker per encounter should be removed.
- The AP costs of various non-combat actions such as opening doors, mining, using FA, etc. should be decreased by at least 2-3 APs (FO: DE has this and it makes the game much more enjoyable).
- Ridiculous drug recipes should be changed back to normal:

Super stimpaks should be 1 empty hypo + 2 x broc + 2 x xander + 2 x bio gel.

Mentats should be 1 chemical component + 8 x fruit.

Jet should be 1 x empty canister + 4 x brahmin shit.

Buffout should be 1 chemical component + 10 x meat jerky.

- Critical hit tables should be made public.
- Locks that are crafted should have a chance of being better than average same as armors and weapons (unique locks should be unlockpickable).
- Unique armors and weapons should have a chance of getting the (new) weapon perk "Indestructible" (condition 101/100).
- Leveling up past level x (where "x" is a high number, I'd suggest 50) should give more than just skill points (high-level bonuses might include: bonus hit points, action points, healing rate, damage/rad/poison resistance, a new default skin, etc. - the possibilities are endless).

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 11:23:31 am by Stration »

- Leveling up past level x (where "x" is a high number, I'd suggest 50) should give more than just skill points (high-level bonuses might include: bonus hit points, action points, healing rate, damage/rad/poison resistance, a new default skin, etc. - the possibilities are endless).
All suggestions are kinda ok but this last one doesn't feel like the right way to go. I mean small bonuses in high levels, why not...

...but look at this guy http://www.2i.cz/e9ed2f05d6 it took him 6 days to gain level 100, if you offer good bonuses for reaching high levels (like more ap, better DR or DT, significantly more hp) you will basically force everyone to spend pointless amount of time just to get their character ready. Maybe you like it, personally I don't.