Author Topic: FOnline: Reloaded  (Read 145238 times)

Offline manero

• FO:Reloaded
Re: FOnline: Reloaded
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 05:11:12 pm »
You need to level up to 10 alts to be able to join all activites of the features you got, meaining you'll need barter alt, trader alt, crafter alt, taxi alt, farmer alts (at least two different types) and pvp alts, and guess what - people don't have time even if it's holiday to lvl up those, if they got 2 another server on which alt source is limited.

You can't read?

"Soft level cap at 24, you can gain more experience levels without HP/Perk gain (but with Skill point gain). There is no other level cap."

Offline DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 05:15:55 pm »
Also the CH/IN limit for dialog were removed so You can trade, make quest etc, same thing with traveling i got 1CH and was able to move my 2 litle rats with me, im Rat God !

Fast Relog/Multi Alting - soft lvl cap is one of the ways to ged rid of it.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 05:19:36 pm »
Fast Relog/Multi Alting - soft lvl cap is one of the ways to ged rid of it.

I think you won't get rid of it this way, because it's faster to level up two 24 level characters than one 48 level. And it's not like you will get more powerful by having all skills on a single character. Having more characters has other advantages (perk/primary stats specialization, being able to use the other alt as backup, or just to be in 2 different places, using them for abuses etc).

So IMHO while it's a nice bonus for people determined to play with a single character (basically those who did it anyway though it was less efficient), it doesn't change the big picture.

Out of curiosity Tomowolf, since you seem to play on FOnline2 server (at least I saw you on the forum). In FOnline2 you have only one character and people don't relog/multilog in PvP?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 05:27:06 pm by b__B »

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 05:37:19 pm »
In FOnline2 you have only one character and people don't relog/multilog in PvP?

They can and most probably will, but we are currently preparing a BIG jail and some advanced protection will come only next session.

By the way good work on the clone.

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2013, 05:42:24 pm »
you'll need barter alt, trader alt,
Did you at least read what you wrote? :P

1. Alts - You need to level up to 10 alts to be able to join all activites of the features you got, meaining you'll need barter alt, trader alt, crafter alt, taxi alt, farmer alts (at least two different types) and pvp alts, and guess what - people don't have time even if it's holiday to lvl up those, if they got 2 another server on which alt source is limited.
Again reading skills - it's testing session, exp is free until level 24.
It is OF COURSE known that if someone wants 10 alts for various tasks just because it's faster to level up them - he'll do that. No shit, Sherlock.
But if you want to play one char (maybe two?), you'll be able to do that also. It's a matter of possibilities, not limits.
If there are ways to improve playing on one character, guess what? They will be used.

2. Fast relogs - people got enough of it, it's just pure unfair "feature" that should be repaired first, if not, you'll need another wave of alt to lvl up, which players won't do again
Show me a server without fast relogs in PvP, bro.
Even if there will be extreme limits to that, someone will just use a second computer.. I can already imagine possible butthurt of those who have lost a fight because of it :)

Anyway, we need some serious testing of what was posted, so feel free to drop by, report bugs, post suggestions.
After I gather enough things for my TODO, I will resume working on it.
Server should be up all the time unless something terrible happens, also there are no item/char wipes planned till launch.

Btw: I'm not going to make my e-penis longer by whatever and whenever is shown by server status and player counter, Tomowolf.
I just provide a playable alternative. Also, this is only a computer game.. get over it :P
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 05:45:51 pm by Kilgore »

Offline Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 05:48:12 pm »
Well as my enrgish skills are not so great, I did some mistakes in the post, according to my info, FOol2 DEVs will fight with fastrelog over PVP, because it destroy's gameplay for casuals, which don't want to spend hours to get 10 various character to WIN the game, I think it's pretty obvious.
About 10 alts - You'll need to lvl up those, to be efficient in this kind of 2238 economy, because skill system is supportive for alts, not for one woodsman dude, sorry that's just pure fact.

You don't even said a word about if you do something with Fastrelog, that's why my response was so "harsh".
I hope you'll get at least rid off cheating methods for this server, because for FOol2 it seems cool, as you can have high lvl character while be able to pvp/craft/farm/barter/heal etc.
It's just not about character, but the skill system, drug system, and encounter types, those all features tell you about if you'll need alts or not.

Of course I'm happy that you'll make another playable server, but only players that will play it will be nolifers and newbies which don't know about the mechanics of this Game/Server.
h

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2013, 06:02:41 pm »
Show me a server without fast relogs in PvP, bro.
Even if there will be extreme limits to that, someone will just use a second computer.. I can already imagine possible butthurt of those who have lost a fight because of it :)

What your saying here is that you are completely dropping the hatchet on the issue, ugh, that is not a good commercial. Your choice.

Offline DocAN.

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2013, 06:08:21 pm »
I dont get it what for You will need all this alts while there are tons of stuff in shops or in encounters. You like to farm so You can do it, then trade your loot for money or itmes and if You dont like to farm You can make caravan runs which gives good ammount of cash = stuff.

And as it was mentioned its 2 weeks open beta so instead of posting shit better try to report some bugs or suggestions.

Offline Tomowolf

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 06:11:29 pm »
DocAN, I'm not saying about the tests itself, but how the game would actually look if the altruist npcs were removed, that just facts we got from playing NOT only 2238 for 3 years or so, but also some madzkills from TLA and TLAmk2, or other servers.
h

Offline DocAN.

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2013, 06:15:57 pm »
So how it will look like ?

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 06:16:54 pm »
Good luck Kilgore, i really hoped to see Wasteland 2155 progress boosted with already made solutions instead of this, but oh well :-X
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Offline Tomowolf

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 06:17:30 pm »
So how it will look like ?
If nothing will be changed with barter system/drug system (and advantages they give) alts will happen, and a lot of em will do, the same story as 2238, and I guess noone want to lvl up AGAIN couple of alts to be able to play, and enjoy almost all possible features (pvp,pve,quests,trading,slavery - anything).

Those two features are just examples, there are a lot of others.
h

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 06:26:05 pm »
If nothing will be changed with barter system
I wasn't sure at first, but now I am. Learn to read, tomowolf, seriously. You're posting total gibberish, "Pepsi > Coca-Cola" posts, lack of logic ("barter alt, trader alt" what the fuck?), how about from now we'll just ignore you? Jesus.

When you learn to provide some reasonable feedback, and more importantly, when you learn TO READ, please come back. Cheers

Good luck Kilgore, i really hoped to see Wasteland 2155 progress boosted with already made solutions instead of this, but oh well :-X
To boost progress of Wasteland 2155 with 2238 sources, I need to figure out how these work first :>
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 06:28:09 pm by Kilgore »

Offline Tomowolf

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 06:29:32 pm »
I wasn't sure at first, but now I am. Learn to read, tomowolf, seriously. You're posting total gibberish, "Pepsi > Coca-Cola" posts, lack of logic ("barter alt, trader alt" what the fuck?), how about from now we'll just ignore you? Jesus.

When you learn to provide some reasonable feedback, and more importantly, when you learn TO READ, please come back. Cheers
I didn't mean blueprints in shops or bigger restock, people with 200% barter will happen and clear it with farmed weapons while newbies and madmaxwanabees won't be able to buy shit but just mauser ammo and farmed weapons... restocking each 1,5 hour makes those "barter alts" more viable and giving you bigger economical victory over other gangmen, (if you're participating in gang) or making yourself so rich that you don't even care, and you make another carpet of shit in your base.

That is what I meant "barter system" change, not some restock and blueprints in shop, that will change almost nothing (well those blueprints will be buyable by those trader alts, you win so much there).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 06:32:37 pm by Tomowolf »
h

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 06:32:37 pm »
And then I'll make them restock every 30 minutes. Or 15. Or 5. So...what were you saying again?
Dude you are crying over bullshit. Stop that already, it's really pathetic.

I have totally NOTHING about some CARPETS of items in player bases. This always happened and will always happen. Item should be relatively easy to get imo.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 06:34:55 pm by Kilgore »