Author Topic: FOnline: Reloaded  (Read 146723 times)

JovankaB

Re: FOnline: Reloaded
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2013, 05:53:52 pm »
I would remove the CH requirement for player travel altogether and allow any player to lead 10 (or was it 9?) other critters at any time.

I don't really understand why this CH requirement exists. I understand why it exists to own NPC followers (though it was changed a bit with party points in the last session), because the NPCs can make their owner stronger, but other players aren't your puppets like NPC followers. Beside it doesn't matter on the world map that much how big your group is. It just prevents players to travel together unless they use a special alt (or now in Reloaded - a car), which totally sucks IMHO. Why would you make obstacles for a few players to be in a group together on the WM, like WTF is the point?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 06:56:05 pm by b__B »

« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2013, 07:02:15 pm »
There is no obstacle for a few players to be in a group together, because character with 1 CH can lead two people or followers if he has any. If it's still a big issue, I see no reason to not remove this limit altogether.

Lexx:
To be honest, caravan carts were always next to useless. I only remember two times when we used one:
- to move a big amount of stuff, but it was stupid, could be done much faster with Highwayman,
- to store a big amount of stuff like ammo and drugs next to grid in Outpost base, because there were no craftable containers.

To me, limits for containers don't make any sense, FOnline is a clumsy game even without them. If containers have small capacity, players just put stuff on the ground.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2013, 07:33:00 pm »
The brahmin cart was imagined to be used for stuff like mining. You could load up more minerals and stuff on it than any other car. Of course, this then collided with the cooldowns... But that was the original intention.

Maybe the cart should become something like a noob vehicle. Everyone can cheaply get one (like, right at game start), it has the same benefits as any other car, but every other car is faster.

« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2013, 07:50:07 pm »
Up to you but in my opinion when gatling laser was introduced, it made gameplay worse. It just became the ultimate noob tube with only one drawback which was when facing metal. Gatling instakilled everything that didn't wear ca or metal and sort of made avenger pointless in tc.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2013, 07:58:10 pm »
All can be balanced, just need some testing and more specified suggestions, best if with some values.

Also, bypass bursts will say goodbye.

Offline Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2013, 08:39:56 pm »
In 4 years history of FO2238 I've never used brahmin cart and I have no damn idea why should i use it on any other server. Maybe i missed something... but hey, is there anyone who used to use brahmin carts?
I was using it in storaging carpets instead on floor, more practical, but taking spawn hex.
h

JovankaB

« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2013, 08:57:28 pm »
Here is my proposition for the caravan wagons. As it was said before, they are too slow and cumbersome (damned waterbags) to be useful, compared to cars. So my proposal is to connect them with additional feature (sort of a very basic way of running your own private caravan micro-company).

So first, here are my propositions for the caravans:

A) Remove requirement to refuel caravans. Capacity and management of waterbags is super annoying. Caravans are slow as f***, you get a lot more encounters with them than with a car. I think the slowness is enough, no need to make them worse than that, especially with something as clunky as the waterbags.

B) Make caravans not lockpickable in the towns the first 10 minutes after entering a public town (or at least a guarded town) with them. Actually, I would suggest to do the same with cars, but in case of caravans it will be crucial for the feature below.

Your Own Caravan Company (YOCC) Quest

In reality it's a simple, repeatable quest for which you need your own caravan wagon. Players simply don't transport huge amount of stuff all the time (and even then, cars are better option), but there can be a quest with reward to do that, specifically with caravans.

1. You come with your own caravan wagon to town A.

2. You talk to YOCC quest NPC (a trader, shop owner, etc). The NPC tells you, he has goods to transport to town B (and tells you which NPC is the destination). If you agree, item "caravan goods" is spawned automatically in the caravan trunk and the NPC tells you the goods are loaded on the wagon. You can do this anytime (no need to wait for any driver, you are the driver).

3. Travel looks like normal travel, except during the travel with "caravan goods" in your caravan you ALWAYS get enforced into encounters (or at least the minimum chance is capped much higher than 5%, so you can't avoid them all with 200% Outdoorsman alt - the point is to fight in the encounters not avoid them). Of course you lead the wagon and you can choose your path of travel. In the encounter, if all players die, "caravan goods" disappear. I guess they might disappear after some time automatically too (let's say it's some food that rots).

4. The item "caravan goods" can't be taken from the trunk by players (it's "too heavy"). It can only be "unloaded" by script, when talking to the destination NPC. (you can also tell the destination NPC or the NPC who gave the job, that you lost your caravan, then you get no reward).

5. After successful transport with all the encounters on your way, you return to NPC A, then you get your reward (caps). It would be best if you could take same quest in town B, to reduce boredom of going back with empty caravan :P

6. There can be only one "caravan goods" item in a wagon at a time.

7. There should be a way to prevent players to do the quest by clicking the caravan quickly as soon as they enter any encounter. Again, the point would be to kill the aggressive mobs on your way.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 09:33:26 pm by b__B »

« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2013, 09:32:42 pm »
Actually, I had something very similar in mind long ago (and for a different project), but well, I hate very complicated things.

And besides, that would make water bags useless!!!

JovankaB

« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2013, 09:43:31 pm »
Maybe the description looks very complicated :P The principle is to go on your own from one town to another with a special item inside your caravan. So it's really simple and uses existing mechanics, just needs some tweaks. The "goods" item could be simply so heavy nobody could take it manually. Quite frankly I think it's simpler than the caravans system already present in 2238 (which involves train-like paths and caravan driver).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 09:47:52 pm by b__B »

« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2013, 09:46:36 pm »
Yeah, but right now other things have a higher priority (and yeah, I've heard that somewhere)

Some changes:
- Bypassing bursts removed.
- Decreased regeneration time of various gathering facilities.
- Added Smart Cursor for obtaining meat (yep, meat & meat jerky are useful again).

Offline Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2013, 01:54:10 am »
Yeah, but right now other things have a higher priority (and yeah, I've heard that somewhere)

Some changes:
- Bypassing bursts removed.
- Decreased regeneration time of various gathering facilities.
- Added Smart Cursor for obtaining meat (yep, meat & meat jerky are useful again).
Good job done on bypasses on burst remove, but what about gatling overall criticals? even with combat armor or metal armor MK II, you can deal up to 300 damage, which instakills enemy.
h

Offline DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2013, 12:07:18 pm »
With the latest changes, the brahmin carts are even more useless. The original idea had them as the vehicle with the biggest trunk (exception the truck that was added later... which requires the most fuel instead, though), in the same time it was the slowest vehicle. Now it's slow and you can pack all your stuff into any other vehicle, so why should I chose a brahmin cart?

Btw. Disableing the group leader charisma check for car traveling makes not much sense / is pretty weak, imo. I can't take 8 people with me, because my charisma is not high enough, but as soon as I have a car with 8 slots, it is possible? Why? Did the car changed my charisma?

I would set the maximum amount of allowed car-followers based on the guy in the group who has the highest charisma, not the leader of the group (because "in real" the leader isn't always the driver).

Brahmins carts are the cheapest vans in game some players will still use it but their water conumption need to be lowered.

If You are a Ghoul with 1 CH and You have driving license You can take You friends for a ride. How many, as many as Your car have seats. I think its quite logical.

Wall of not so bad idea

Quite intresting and could be implemented later.

Good job done on bypasses on burst remove, but what about gatling overall criticals? even with combat armor or metal armor MK II, you can deal up to 300 damage, which instakills enemy.

Metal Armor mk2 have higher laser resists then CA and You have Tesla armor as well which gives best protection vs Gatling.

You could post some log with tests or at least some screens.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2013, 03:37:36 pm »
Removed burst bypass? So crying pussies won anyway...good job,i hope that someone will play this server after start.
Wish you good luck.

Offline DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2013, 05:40:50 pm »
I met some testers which had problems with basic stuff, so here is old wiki, it may be helpfull:

http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Main_Page
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2013, 06:32:03 pm »
Hello, I've downloaded the client but whenever I start it I put the mouse cursor over the fonline window the mouse cursor dissapears so I can't do anything. Tried running in full screen and lot of other things but nothing can fix it...

Help please, I'd love to play this game