Author Topic: FOnline: Reloaded  (Read 145135 times)

FOnline: Reloaded
« on: July 15, 2013, 10:57:01 pm »
It's time to announce the official launch of FOnline: Reloaded.
First session will start on 31/08/2013

www.fonline-reloaded.net

Make sure to register on our forum and visit our IRC channel!
If you want to help us announce this project, you can easily spread the word by visiting our website and sharing info via facebook/twitter/etc., just use the existing buttons there.

Or use following code for your signature:
FOnline: Reloaded
Code: [Select]
[b][color=limegreen][url=http://www.fonline-reloaded.net]FOnline: Reloaded[/url][/color][/b]

Or a small banner:

Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.fonline-reloaded.net][img]http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/reloaded_logo.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 11:52:37 pm by Kilgore »

Re: FOnline: Reloaded
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 11:58:12 pm »
well, I wont be playing this myself, but thanks for proving a point. What 2238 should have been like, basically. Keep it up.

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 01:47:51 am »
As I see it you guys did a marvellous job with 2238 codes there, however to me it seems it's gonna be the same grindfest as 2238 used to be. Have you (for even one second) thought about making a pure (maybe isolated) PvP world similar to FO:Battleground or Hinkley arena? You know I don't feel like levelling 10 alts and farming all day long just to lose 10 gears in 15 minutes during a TC (fastrelog allowed, so yea).

If I ever start playing any FOnline based game again, it will be some casual PvP arena similar to Hinkley, FOBG or Ghost Town pre-end location with free stuff and free levelling option. Hopefully someone will be brave enough to implement it ;P. I kinda realize I am minority and that most of players don't want to play Tactics in Fallout2 environment, but I do and I am definitely not alone.

Either way, I wish you good luck with your project.

EDIT:
I'll place altruists in starting towns (NCR, VC, Hub) so you can level up your chars to 24 lvl quickly.
Overlooked this one - that's really cool, if there is also free stuff around I might drop by ;d
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 01:53:37 am by Kelin »

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 08:39:29 am »
I think we've got a bit of a misunderstanding here.
My goal was to improve 2238 gameplay wherever possible*, not make it a PvP-only arena. PvP-only arenas with free stuff get boring in no time.

Items can be made relatively easy to get and I think that's what was done here also :)

*In the shortest time possible, ofc
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:28:31 am by Kilgore »

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 11:58:24 am »
Good job! Could make status checker for server?

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 12:36:24 pm »
This is how the server should have been. You did an awesome job with it, I wish you all the players come to your server. Good luck.

I give you my yearly supply of +1.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:38:48 pm by raynor009 »

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 01:05:03 pm »
Impressive list of tweaks, good luck with your project!

Offline maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 01:17:35 pm »
thats list of changes what shuld be made on 2238 years ago, shame its kinda late for that.. anyway goodluck

Offline xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 02:19:49 pm »
Dont split up community even futher.
Help in developing of other servers.
Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 02:58:56 pm »
Good job! Could make status checker for server?

There you go, checker made with jan0s1k's script:

Offline DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 03:06:04 pm »
Caravans need some rework:

- Guards need small boost of HP and better Armor (220hp and Metal mk2)
- Reward need some changes: Hub - Junktown - Hub shouldnt give 1500 caps it could be 500 caps while NCR - New Reno - NCR or New Reno - VC - New Reno should give a bit more lets say 1750 caps
- Guards need a bit more ammo on longest trips.

Gun Runnner team quest need some rework as we alrdy have spoken, same thing with Tanker Quest.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 03:12:22 pm »
There you go, checker made with jan0s1k's script:

Thanks, added to the top of the first post.

Dont split up community even futher.
Help in developing of other servers.
Lack of alternatives was always worse for FOnline.

Caravans need some rework:

- Guards need small boost of HP and better Armor (220hp and Metal mk2)
- Reward need some changes: Hub - Junktown - Hub shouldnt give 1500 caps it could be 500 caps while NCR - New Reno - NCR or New Reno - VC - New Reno should give a bit more lets say 1750 caps
- Guards need a bit more ammo on longest trips.

Gun Runnner team quest need some rework as we alrdy have spoken, same thing with Tanker Quest.
Yeah, caravans and rewards need some adjustments. Guards will have unlimited ammo also.

Team quests will be repeatable with randomised loot (and probably a bit more powerful enemies).

Lagmaster:
You can see some parts of Wasteland 2155 in FOnline2 :P
Well, to be honest, Wasteland 2155 is a completely different pair of shoes and is being developed separately.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 03:41:04 pm by Kilgore »

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 03:32:44 pm »
what about wasteland 2155?

Offline DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 03:56:51 pm »
Small rats could have a bit more HP, around 50 would be good.

Im a Rat God :D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 04:06:13 pm by DocAN. »
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Offline Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 05:08:01 pm »
I guess you won't find much players, even changes won't help - there are 2 big problems.
1. Alts - You need to level up to 10 alts to be able to join all activites of the features you got, meaining you'll need barter alt, trader alt, crafter alt, taxi alt, farmer alts (at least two different types) and pvp alts, and guess what - people don't have time even if it's holiday to lvl up those, if they got 2 another server on which alt source is limited.
2. Fast relogs - people got enough of it, it's just pure unfair "feature" that should be repaired first, if not, you'll need another wave of alt to lvl up, which players won't do again (guess if you'll get new players on the source code of ashamed server.

That's all from my side, i wish you good luck, and I hope you'll continue developing Wasteland 2155 or so called FOnline:2077, instead of this.
h