FOnline Development > Questions and Answers

Updated Maps not showing up in the server

(1/3) > >>

Spiritwind:
Hey Folks,
Been working on a series of tutorial quests for new players, and I tried updating the NCR with a Person Critter with the dialog assigned to it; saved the map, and then started up the server and tried it out.  Sadly the NPC never showed up.  I've tried deleting the cache, and as far as I can tell, the maps are stored on the server side and not the client side. 

Could I get any confirmation on this?  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Wipe:
For new Critters/Items on map, it must be reloaded by server; you can use ~regenmap command, remove Location from game and restart (after worldsave)* or simply remove [mapname].fosb file from maps/ folder and launch server.

* - if Location is permament (defined in GenerateWorld.cfg)

Spiritwind:
Awesome, thanks.  Will give it a try here shortly. 

Instead of opening a new thread, I'll just ask my new question in here; I've been looking where the base prices that stores sell and buy things are located.  I've gone through all the scripts attached to the traders, and have yet to find it.

JovankaB:
Base prices are stored in protos (prototypes of items), open proto\items\*.fopro file with ObjectEditor.
Double-click a proto on the list, go to "Ext Info" tab and there should be "Base Cost" field.

It's also possible to change base cost of a specific item from scripts: item.Cost = ...
So if for example you implemented enhancing weapons by players, you could increase base cost of the enhanced item.

Spiritwind:
Awesome, thanks.

So I did everything you said for the NPC and Dialog (And also looked at a youtube video, and verified I followed that directly) and for some reason whenever I talk to the NPC it comes up with this chat, instead of the one I wrote. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version