Author Topic: Updated Maps not showing up in the server  (Read 3609 times)

Updated Maps not showing up in the server
« on: July 13, 2013, 05:40:29 am »
Hey Folks,
Been working on a series of tutorial quests for new players, and I tried updating the NCR with a Person Critter with the dialog assigned to it; saved the map, and then started up the server and tried it out.  Sadly the NPC never showed up.  I've tried deleting the cache, and as far as I can tell, the maps are stored on the server side and not the client side. 

Could I get any confirmation on this?  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
Re: Updated Maps not showing up in the server
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 07:08:41 am »
For new Critters/Items on map, it must be reloaded by server; you can use ~regenmap command, remove Location from game and restart (after worldsave)* or simply remove [mapname].fosb file from maps/ folder and launch server.

* - if Location is permament (defined in GenerateWorld.cfg)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 11:18:28 am by Wipe »
Games are meant to be created, not played...

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 02:25:41 am »
Awesome, thanks.  Will give it a try here shortly. 

Instead of opening a new thread, I'll just ask my new question in here; I've been looking where the base prices that stores sell and buy things are located.  I've gone through all the scripts attached to the traders, and have yet to find it.

JovankaB

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 06:18:14 am »
Base prices are stored in protos (prototypes of items), open proto\items\*.fopro file with ObjectEditor.
Double-click a proto on the list, go to "Ext Info" tab and there should be "Base Cost" field.

It's also possible to change base cost of a specific item from scripts: item.Cost = ...
So if for example you implemented enhancing weapons by players, you could increase base cost of the enhanced item.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 06:25:47 am by b__B »

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 11:15:52 pm »
Awesome, thanks.

So I did everything you said for the NPC and Dialog (And also looked at a youtube video, and verified I followed that directly) and for some reason whenever I talk to the NPC it comes up with this chat, instead of the one I wrote. 

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 01:41:52 am »
Still having no luck with NPCs and Dialogs, still getting the same chat whenever I try to talk with them. 

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 01:49:31 am »
Upload your .fomap and .fodlg files for this map and dialogue, I'll take a look and tell you what you're doing wrong. And also dialogs.lst

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 01:52:39 am »
imagicraft.net/FOnline/dlg.rar

Thanks Kilgore, you can download a set of em' here.  Let me know if you need anything else.

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 02:09:03 am »
Open dialogue files with Notepad and change tut1 to engl (.fodlg uploaded by you, lines 5 and 42)
When you are making new dialogue tree, call it "engl" - it specifies language.

It will solve the problem without regenmap or anything, just restart the server.

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 02:13:32 am »
Ah, that did it!  Thanks!  I knew it had to be something simple that was just from lack of knowledge :P.

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 02:16:05 am »
No problem. Sometimes shit happens  :P