FOnline Development > Questions and Answers

[2238] Error problems and additional questions

<< < (2/2)

neatlysteve:
I have a question, well I'd like to start a server on a beowulf cluster that I'm working on but I'm worried about compatibility. It's a gnu/Linux os, so will the download work in Linux? Also if I worked on it my windows 7 would it transfer smoothly to the Linux?

Wipe:
Unless you converted and compiled extensions as .so files, you have to stick with Windows. But if you'll cut extra extensions (online_stats, DevConnect, etc) then i think only Utils need to be taken care of (becouse of logging functions) before starting tests with penguins on board.

There is, however, few projects which could give you some info about FOnline+Linux - Ashes of Phoenix (was running server thru wine some months back), FOnline 2 (experiments with linux server app, due to engine bug present in windows version), probably Desert Europe (but not so sure about that).

neatlysteve:
Ok but if I download in the first place on the Linux cluster it should work correct (only my Linux master and the diskless nodes)? Also thanks for those project names had no idea there was so many other groups working on fonline projects.

jan0s1k:

--- Quote from: Wipe on July 25, 2013, 05:52:20 am ---, probably Desert Europe (but not so sure about that).

--- End quote ---
Now unfortunately we're using windows :(

neatlysteve:
Oh my bad I hadn't done enough research about wine I now know what to do

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version